Soccer Rules Thread (1 Viewer)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
ask any question about soccer rules, and hopefully some soccer experts that loom around these forums will answer them for you.

just to get it started, heres a question for all ur soccer gurus.

in a match, one team player fouls an opponent. lets say Kimmy pushed Johnny a bit too hard. Just as the ref was about to blow his whistle, Johnny retaliated back, pushing Kimmy again. A brawl erupts.

Now, the question is, as the referee, who should get foulled, or yellow carded, or red carded?
is it the agressor first, the person who retaliated, or both?

what would happen if there wasnt a big brawl? just two 'forceful' pushes and that was the end of it?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
err... have you heard of the Football Thread? One of us might help you out over there. :)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Free kick against the agressor's team. Both players get red cards though.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Seeing as though i am an official junior soccer refferee i'd thought i'd answer this (i better not be wrong)

The question isnt that specific, so i'm assuming Johnny and Kimmy threw punches.

Johnny's team would be awarded the free kick as Kimmy committed the first foul.

And any player that threw punches would be awarded a red card.

If you made the question a little more specific i could be of more help.
But for now, i hope that helps

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
lol what is this 'link' between soccer and homosexuality? i suppose it lets u off from...certain...peculiar...actions...

lol

okay, just another question:

is it always best to play advantage, or just stop play right there and now because some guy fouled? the catch is, the 'victim' has advantage with the ball.

i suppose it would depend entirely on the scenario and the referee's discretion.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Dude, your question is not something really discussed in the rules.

You answered it yourself.

It depends on the referee's discretion as to whether he/she deems the resulting action to be 'advantageous' enough to the team that got fouled.

You will find, though, that almost every foul that a team cops in their defensive half will result in a standard free kick, while many counter-attacking opportunities or fast plays in the offensive half will lead to the 'advantage' rule being applied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)