Societies for a good resume and meet new people? (1 Viewer)

noctua

HSC
Can you guys give me some recommendations on what societies to join to meet new people as well as to look good on my resume (i.e. non-profit societies)?

mreditor16

HSC
Some societies that might interest you, if you have such a motive, are Enactus, Inside Enterprise (if you're a ASB student), and so on.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There's the Campus Cat Coalition

not even kidding

Flop21

HSC
There's the Campus Cat Coalition

not even kidding
Haha sounds cool. Would be cool if there was a society like that but for dogs, or just a general one for all animals.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Haha sounds cool. Would be cool if there was a society like that but for dogs, or just a general one for all animals.
Oh they're not a society per se, but a group of volunteers who feed and help house the cats that are around campus because there's a few of them around

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh cool, sounds nice anyway.

Last time I was at UNSW I didn't get to see any cats, only a giant rat.
yeah those are around too

esp. at night

I strongly consider tucking my pants into my socks at night because of them :( :( :( :( :( :(

Also to the OP: What do you even study?

humanitieslover

HSC
Can you guys give me some recommendations on what societies to join to meet new people as well as to look good on my resume (i.e. non-profit societies)?
You could try UNsoc, which is the United Nations Society! I've heard awesome things about it :) Also, societies like Law Revue, Med Revue etc are great for meeting people, and you don't have to be studying Law/Med to join. For non-profit societies, animal welfare if you're interested, or things like Oxfam, Oaktree, Amnesty, Volunteer Army? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)