Software Design and Development Exam tomorrow... anyone else screwed? (1 Viewer)

Merclock

HSC
Looking over past HSC exam papers and yep, things are looking pretty grim..

What do you guys estimate the difficulty will be? Do you think we will have to actually write our own sorting algorithms etc?:mad2:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
We have to write algorithms for sorting yes however what you are saying "do we need to create out own method of sorting "- no. They are standard code. You will be given a situation to apply your knowledge of sorting algorithms or they make ask you to comment or improve the efficiency of the sort. Learn it well.

Merclock

HSC
We have to write algorithms for sorting yes however what you are saying "do we need to create out own method of sorting "- no. They are standard code. You will be given a situation to apply your knowledge of sorting algorithms or they make ask you to comment or improve the efficiency of the sort. Learn it well.
Yeah I know all of my sorts perfectly I just always have a shit time writing an actual sort algorithm in pseudocode :/ brain is burnt out and dead on rote learning >.<

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I doubt they get you to write it out rather they will ask you to explain the logic behind the sort and solve questions on it.

Merclock

HSC
Oh well if thats the case that would be alright lol. SDD Is my last exam, got my copy of halo 4 handy already I just wanna finish it with a bang and come home and play :L

Do you have anything in the exam that you wouldn't be too sure on how to do SpiralFlex? :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh wait I get it haha. Of course there will be questions that may leave you stunned but if you stick to your knowledge you should be able to see a link to the concepts you have learnt and the questions. I'm not even good with SDD honestly.

WolfEmDown

LOL ign : PlayDis
HSC
well im scrwd :)
still using the first edition of davis until i remembered the syllabus changes a few days ago
and basically started going through the first 5 chapters of the 2nd edition that are available online today :)
good luck
hopefully i'll convince myself to study so i can drop something next year :) (accelerated ahahahahahahahahaha)

sddmoustache

HSC
My friend said 2011 was really easy...so this year they might ramp it up D: (hopefully not coz im equally screwed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)