Some advice on these two topics plz!! (1 Viewer)

smallcattle

HSC
i have difficulties understanding the projectile motion (im a physics student and i still dont understand them...) and also coefficient terms..

there are so many variables in projectile motion.. which one should i use for each questions?? @__@

and also can someone explain to me how to use the (n-r-1)/r * b/a equation in finding the greatest coefficent??

Danny11

the only variables are x and y, and their differentials. use whatever gets you the solution. if the question says max hieght, then find dy/dx=0, sub the solution into y.

its (n-r+1)/r * b/a. greatest coefficient occurs when Tr+1/Tr >1. just solve for n and the substitute into Tr+1.

smallcattle

HSC
ok.. so to find flight time, let y=0 right??, to find maxium height, let y' = 0??

what else??

Danny11

for range, just sub time of flight into x. for max range let angle of projection = 45. for velocity of return sub time of flight into y', and then resolve it with x'.

tempco

HSC
erm in that T<sub>k+1</sub>/T<sub>k</sub> stuff, if k <= something, do you always round down? say k <=3.6, does k = 3?

Danny11

err. why would you test for k=2.

i always do it by finding the largest k integer that satisfy the inequality, in your case its 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)