Sor (1 Viewer)

Mevelyn2551

HSC
Just out of curiosity, how many of you out there do Studies of Religon 1? And now how many of you do it because you go to a catholic school and it is compulsary? Its just that, at our catholic school the course is compulsary, and they justified themselves to us by claiming it was like the 3rd most popular course in the state. I want to knw it thats coz everyone who takes it is forced too.

And another thing. If ur forced into it, does your school regularly perform WAAAAAYYYYY below the state average licke us?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Don't know the url off the top of my head but BOS (boardofstudies) has figures on the number of students taking each course, so you can look that up.

It's probably a safe bet the majority taking it are because of their school.

You or your parents choose that school knowing it was a religious school and SOR was compulsory - deal with it.

Tsuska

HSC
village-idoit36 said:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you out there do Studies of Religon 1? And now how many of you do it because you go to a catholic school and it is compulsary? Its just that, at our catholic school the course is compulsary, and they justified themselves to us by claiming it was like the 3rd most popular course in the state. I want to knw it thats coz everyone who takes it is forced too.

And another thing. If ur forced into it, does your school regularly perform WAAAAAYYYYY below the state average licke us?
I heard that SOR was really easy though. That the questions they asked were basically the syllabus itself...lol SO i heard...not sure if it's true or not...

Site:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/bos_stats/media-guide-2007.html#hsc-facts

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i go to a public school and i do SOR 1 , i love it! Dead easy and totally acing it.
we obviously don't HAVE to do it but , in yr 11 if you wanted to make up 12 units of "on line" courses then you had to do a combo of "SOR1/english ext" "SOR1/ maths ext" or "english ext/ maths ext"
so at the end of last year we had around 10 or so people drop it
but our school, or my class at least is expected to do very well, last year good too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)