Source C.. what the? (1 Viewer)

Zenithliza

Who else thought Souce C (the photo) was really wierd? I rambled about women in the war and blah blah, but I still thought.. WHAT THE?!

beava_69

it was just about how women replaced men in the workforce dutring the war wasnt it?:guitar:

Jerry Springer

I think the chick on the left hand side of the car was a real babe and I really digged what she was wearing. She turned me on
the guy in source d sounded like a real man. Sounds like he knows what he wants

schwang_thang

don worri ppl, at least u answered the freakin qstn
i obviously didn't, 4 that qstn i answered for sources A & B instead of goddamned C & D! FUCK. :chainsaw:

i am very annoyed.

Majik Edz

source c

i just said that it lacked showing expectations, and since the women were well dressed and in a nice car i dribbled something about them earning money from selling crawford biscuits for the ration packs for soldiers. Absolutely no idea if its true, but wtf, i wrote it anyway. Also, the time period said to 1921, and neither sources covered up to that?? were we meant to comment on that?

Did anyone do Albert Speer?
i thought both the questions overlapped too much, and i repeated so much crap on the second question that id already written on the first one

banx006

fuck then i wrote about its origin and all that, motive...crap crap...i guess i did it wrong then cos i only mentioned the content...did anyone to the arab israeli question...

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
That exam was bloody good...im confident i aced it actually. The only question that gave me trouble was that bloody source c and d question in WW1.

How easy was the national study question, all we had to do was recite what happened in his life (trotsky) and why he lost the power struggle with stalin...i mean the fuckin trial was harder :D

Anyone else do russia??

Queen B

yes re arab israeli.... probly should have studied thoes aspects more...i thought that was the hardest bit of the exam, the rest was pretty ok considering! :rolleyes:

CorkDagga

you had to relate the sources together.

in the photo it was taken in 1917 when women had pretty much taken most of the mens jobs.

in the other source he was saying how there was no work for the returning soldiers because all the women had taken all the work or something like that.

i made some clever connection on the spur of the moment i just cant remember what it is now.

i hope thats right anyway

philbert_frog

Re: source c

Originally posted by Majik Edz
Also, the time period said to 1921, and neither sources covered up to that?? were we meant to comment on that?
They did cover ip to 1921 - well source D did...its part of that obscure section in the syllabus entitled "post-war expectations" that only like 1 textbook available has anything on - luckily I got a copy from my teacher last week so I knew it :)

anyways, the 2nd source for that q (D) involved returning soldiers, in which case it referred to 1918-1921 (he returned in 1919 - lucky guy he lasted the whole war!!!!)

For that I mentioned the obvious bias (coming from a soldier) and the fact that it missed the good aspects that were adheared to in the "homes fit for heroes" expectation - namely the Addison Plan to build 200,000 houses for returning servicemen.

Da_KaMaKaZi

Source C & 2 the BanX 002 dude

yeh i agree source c was a major wat the. I think sum1 said they talkd bout how women replaced men since they the dudes were at the war front i said pretty much the same thing but i thought source c was so stupid like seriously wat the hell r we supposed 2 conclude bout sum stupid foto of women who cant dress?! AGAIN..i emphasize STUPID BOS! :mad:

Raider

i talked about how it was a propaganda source

war weariness had set in by 1917, which was when the the photo was taken, no1 is gonna be smiling, and selling biscuits ;)

btw, yes the photo was a big what the, and i was surprised by its presence : /

astro boy

HSC
i wrote that you cuoldnt realy trust source c cos the image showed nothing and it was just the caption that made the source

very t

I thought Russia was really good, heaps easier than my trials. The Trotsky part was almost perfect, really general and easy to answer if you had studied him at all.

Did anyone do Asia-Pacific? I thought that was an alright section too - the whole test was better than what I expected.

KhaLien

women replacing men in the workforce... omg!! I totally didn't think of that :eek:
I blabed on about how the source wasn't very reliable as it could have been posed :rolleyes:

HSC
N/A
What was source D again?

I talked about how because there was no bibliographical information given for the photo it was hard to say whether it was reliable or not. From the style of car and clothing it was easy to tell what time period they were meant to have been from, but there was little else to back it up. Just me being bloody stubborn lol

I think I aced the sources... and maybe Hitler... I think I screwed Japan up majorly but Leni Riefenstahl was okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)