Species A and Species B- WAXY CUTICLES AND SALT CRYSTALS (1 Viewer)

stu_jacks88

It was confusing, took me llike ten minutes to figure out this one. the salt secreting plant would be closer to the sea, the waxy cuticle would be further inland.

falltopieces

HSC
stu_jacks88 said:
It was confusing, took me llike ten minutes to figure out this one. the salt secreting plant would be closer to the sea, the waxy cuticle would be further inland.
yeah same here. Um...do we have to talk about enantiostasis in species A?

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i thought the diagram/graph/whatever it was meant to be was really ambiguous

so i ended up putting the salt one nearer to the sea, and the other nearer to the land
don't know the REAL answer though :p

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
stu_jacks88 said:
ohh thank god. thats what i did

falltopieces

HSC
melimoo said:
i thought the diagram/graph/whatever it was meant to be was really ambiguous

so i ended up putting the salt one nearer to the sea, and the other nearer to the land
don't know the REAL answer though :p

Species A- closer the sea because I think salt crystals are important for salt regulation and sea contains a lot of salts LOL I 'm not sure...

species B- inland because waxy cuticles are used to reduce water loss and water loss is a problem for organisms live on land

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
falltopieces said:
Species A- closer the sea because I think salt crystals are important for salt regulation and sea contains a lot of salts LOL I 'm not sure...

species B- inland because waxy cuticles are used to reduce water loss and water loss is a problem for organisms live on land
Thats what i said. It took a while for me to figure it out tho. I'm like uhhhhh??? then i figured out which one was which but had trouble wording it...ummm, yer. Got it all down in the end :uhhuh: <---i <3 that smiley

penciltron

HSC
yeah thats wat i wrote. hope i get some marks....anyone know wat was up with the mean water mark? wat did that mean?

Bokky

HSC
Yeah basically Species A which had salt crystals on it's leaves is an adaptation. They have special features in their leaves which accumulates salt and discards them on top of their leaves, ready for rain to wash them off. Species B has thick waxy cuticle which is an adaptation to conserve water, tthis is needed by plants living on land. So yeah thats correct as uve said.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Psshaw, I think I got them the wrong way around! Great. What was the whole mean water level thing about?

paolo21

Maan u guys are making me feel all crappy coz i answered the other way round. I looked at it for ages and noticed that the High Mean Water thingy was closer to land. Out towards sea it was shallow, so to conserve water it had to have the waxy cuticles. It doesn't make sense if u picture the environment in ur head . I got the adaptations alright accordin to what u guys said but there goes one mark for switching them the wrong way!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
paolo21 said:
Maan u guys are making me feel all crappy coz i answered the other way round. I looked at it for ages and noticed that the High Mean Water thingy was closer to land. Out towards sea it was shallow, so to conserve water it had to have the waxy cuticles. It doesn't make sense if u picture the environment in ur head . I got the adaptations alright accordin to what u guys said but there goes one mark for switching them the wrong way!
Aaahh join the club! *shakes hand*

baby_pea

HSC
paolo21 said:
I did the same as you, because I pretended it was some sort of swamp :s

falltopieces

HSC
Bokky said:
Yeah basically Species A which had salt crystals on it's leaves is an adaptation. They have special features in their leaves which accumulates salt and discards them on top of their leaves, ready for rain to wash them off. Species B has thick waxy cuticle which is an adaptation to conserve water, tthis is needed by plants living on land. So yeah thats correct as uve said.
yeah I'm glad I got it correct. Since you have nailed the exam can you tell me about the colour blindness thingy?.

Will Jack be colour blind?

Bo-batron

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
Aaahh join the club! *shakes hand*
Can I join the club too?
That was the biggest bull crud answer I have done in my entire life.... haha - I laugh at you question, question about waxy cuticles and what not

ladki

HSC
thank god! i looked at it for a bit and at firz i put da one near land as d salt crystalising one n d one near sea the waxy cuticle one...n den i realised dat i gotta b wrong coz i remembered dat to have waxy cuticle u reduce water loss so therefore it has to be inland n d utha one near sea ccoz it crystalises salt. And d mean thing meant that, for example, the waxy cuticle species had mean mark which was max water level or some' which thus means that it needs lotsa water to reduce it...i think.. well dat made sense to me n i wrote it down.. overall i thought exam was kinda hard but attempted all q.

falltopieces

HSC
ladki said:
thank god! i looked at it for a bit and at firz i put da one near land as d salt crystalising one n d one near sea the waxy cuticle one...n den i realised dat i gotta b wrong coz i remembered dat to have waxy cuticle u reduce water loss so therefore it has to be inland n d utha one near sea ccoz it crystalises salt. And d mean thing meant that, for example, the waxy cuticle species had mean mark which was max water level or some' which thus means that it needs lotsa water to reduce it...i think.. well dat made sense to me n i wrote it down.. overall i thought exam was kinda hard but attempted all q.

Yeah some of the questions were tricky and hard. But at least I've attempted all the Qs

console

did anyone fill the boxes out with A on top and B on the bottom?.....and the waxy cuticles were used to conserve water....and salt crystals show that water has high salinity and has been in contact with the plant??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)