Spectral Lines Website (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
No, i would have to agree with dreamerish. Sometimes, when things are explained in such a cute childish way it is so much easier to learn.

I partcularly liked this:
TEACHER:"Each type of atom gives off a unique set of colors. The colored lines (or Spectral Lines) are a kind of "signature" for the atoms."
STUDENT:"Kind of like wearing your team colors."

TEAM OXYGEN

TEAM CARBON
Personally, i say Go Team OXYGEN!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
The_highwayman said:
No, i would have to agree with dreamerish. Sometimes, when things are explained in such a cute childish way it is so much easier to learn.

I partcularly liked this:

TEAM OXYGEN

TEAM CARBON
Personally, i say Go Team OXYGEN!
Hahaha, yeah that was cute. :p Lame though, but still, what do you expect from chemistry?

As for Shaved_Arse, I'm sure you're as intelligent as your name suggests, but I think you would fit in so much better here. And you should know, chemists don't die alone. ;)

Ghost1788

HSC
theres another excellent site that explains concepts like this and has 'nice' graphics to go with it as well does Chemistry and Physics.. searching for it will post link when and if i find it....

i remember it said that the trasfer of electricity was like having a tube that could fit certain sized marbles(representing the electrons. Then imagining that the tube(or wire) was already full of marbles insert a marble at one end and simulaneously another marble will come out the other end of the tube...

:D

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
As for Shaved_Arse, I'm sure you're as intelligent as your name suggests, but I think you would fit in so much better here. And you should know, chemists don't die alone. ;)
Yes, with a 'classy' name like that u can just see the intellect oozing out of his post...

And of course chemists dont die alone! We have TEAM OXYGEN by our side! Unfortunatly, TEAM OXYGEN often fuels TEAM EXPLOSION so that TEAM CARBON can cover everything and blackness prevails :(

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
QuantumZone said:
Spectroscopy is the science of using spectral lines to figure out what something is made of. That's how we know the composition of distant stars, for instance.
... is it really? I think that is unique to atomic spectroscopy, most of the time you'd be worried if you had 'lines'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)