Speeches (1 Viewer)

prawno23

HSC
HeloOo there, has anyone done a speech/speeches before or doing one this year?
It's what im doing and am keen to hear people's ideas & experiences...?

edensmells

HSC
Hey dude its Grant here. I'm doing speeches aswell this year and I'm freaking out. My teacher keeps telling me my topic ideas are too essay-ie (its the holidays come on).

I'm thinking of doing 2 speeches at a left wing forum/ movement thingy about egalitariansim and how through capitulation (giving up and accepting things you dont agree with) it's chances of manifesting itself in Australian society is minimal. I'm planning on doing motivational speeches with two basis'. 1. Capital Punishment- should a nation that dfoesnt believe in execution stand up and fight or just watch people be killed and 2. the dying australian voice- majority vote in courts, unions being minimalised, rallies and protests becoming prohibited. Thats kind of boring crap. Just waiting for school to start again so my teacher can tell me how bad an idea it is.

Have you started yet, got anything done or any ideas?

prawno23

HSC
hello... i am... delayed.

that sounds interesting, and you've got down a good context & everything.

im doing a 'letter to the auditor' thing, adopting different personas that call up the sydney morning herald. im a bit worried about my context since there isnt really an imminent audience, so i'll see how i go.
just gunna talk about different issues e.g. racism, pop culture, but the main thing i wanna show is varied characterisation.

thumbs up for some more direction ay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)