Spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
i realise in a couple I.T. exams they ask questions regarding spreadsheet...
can someone list down the formulas i need 2 knw...? i rarely use Excel...
thx

^___^
HSC
ouch..

umm..simple ones

=SUM(XX:YY)
=AVERAGE(XX:YY)
=IF(LOGICAL TEST, IF ITS TRUE. IF ITS FALSE)
=MAX(XX:YY)
=MIN(XX:YY)

Winston

HSC
U don't have to know much of the functions u can make up the formulas on the spot, this one is a common function u should know

=SUM(*CELLRANGEGOESHERE*)

=AVERAGE(*CELLRANGEGOESHERE*)

if they say multiplying and dividing ull just make it up

like =(A1/B2)

also know your errors

What do you do when you see this #########

you resize the column

-X-

HSC
N/A
Whats the min/max do? Find the min/max values?

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
make sure u know $ absolute and relative reference

In spreadsheet applications, a reference to a particular cell or group of cells that does not change, even if you change the shape or size of the spreadsheet, or copy the reference to another cell. For example, in Lotus 1-2-3 and other spreadsheet programs, the cell reference "$A$3" is an absolute cell reference that always points to the cell in the first column and third row. In contrast, the reference "A3" is a relative cell reference that initially points to the cell in the first column and third row, but may change if you copy the reference to another cell or change the shape and size of the spreadsheet in some other way. Absolute cell references are particularly useful for referencing constant values (i.e., values that never change).

In spreadsheet applications, a reference to a cell or group of cells by indicating how far away it is from some other cell. For example, in Lotus 1-2-3 and many other spreadsheet programs, the cell reference "C2" is relative. Initially it points to the cell in the third column and second row, but it does this by specifying how far away this cell is from some other cell. For example, if you insert this reference in cell A1, the program will translate it to "2 columns right and 1 row down". If you then copy the reference to cell B4, it will now point to cell D5.

Kn1ght_M4r3

hehe absolute and relative ahhh the good old days wen i got that wrong. but i learnt from my mistakes and know them off by heart now hehehehe.
thanx again f0r the reminders guyz. much appreciated to refresh my memory with this stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)