Spring 2007 Exam Results (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaraB

ari89 said:
Congrats on finishing the Business degree. I can't wait for that day!
i know its awesome but crap too cause everyone else finishes and goes off on holidays before starting "proper" work, and we have to go back to uni lol

Potentially you have uni the day of your graduation haha :p

= Jennifer =

HSC
2007/SPR 200013 Administrative Law COMPLETED 78 D 10
2007/SPR 61433 Industrial Relations Strategy COMPLETED 85 H 10
2007/SPR 61442 Occupational Health and Safety COMPLETED 85 H 10
2007/SPR 61449 Human Resource Strategy COMPLETED 85 H 10

lol i miss out on graduating with a distinction gpa lol

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
i know its awesome but crap too cause everyone else finishes and goes off on holidays before starting "proper" work, and we have to go back to uni lol

Potentially you have uni the day of your graduation haha :p
ironic situation:p

what law subs u choosing for next semester?

L

LaraB

ari89 said:
ironic situation:p

what law subs u choosing for next semester?
Electives wise, i have Family Law and ADR in Autumn; Advanced FAmily Law and Issues in the Criminal Justice System in Spring.

Stupid f(*&ckers keep taking my units away from me lol... Child Law isn't running... Advanced Criminal Law isn't running.... so summer school plans got killed lol

Sucks when you don't do popular units - i would strongly recommend doing a summer school unit here and there soon as you can cause that way you have more flexibility when it comes to choosing electives :)

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
arashnaebkhil said:
well this is the trick......
Gotta love that!

Betcha that loophole will not be open at the end of Autumn 2007!
Mighty nice to be spared the last 9 hours of waiting though.

Thanks for that.

kerfuffle

HSC
They're working now.
Got three passes and a distinction. ^_^

G

Gavvvvvin

1 D 1 C 2 P = not happy, especially when I was 1 mark away from keeping my GPA over 5.

Demandred

HSC
200009 Constitutional Law 77 DISTINCTION
200013 Administrative Law 65 CREDIT
200060 Macroeconomic Theory and Policy 86 HIGH DISTINCTION Well done!
200066 Labour Economics 87 HIGH DISTINCTION Well done!

Course GPA 6.000

Finally :D. Lara and Jennifer got some really enviable marks :O. Great work! :)

tubtub

HSC
yay im making progress!!!!!!! 2C and 2D:) no stress now

L

LaraB

Demandred said:

Course GPA 6.000

6+ Gpas look so pretty don't they :p haha

L

LaraB

arashnaebkhil said:
hey guys. I hope you enjoyed the classic trick! Those results are awesome. If only I could do that. My GPA is only 5.5 :mad1: Its just injustice how Nikki Bromberger gives me only 20/50 for the final when I thought I did heaps good. I was sitting on a 35/50 for Introduction to law and yet just scraped a 55 Pass. People in my class which were all so dumb and did no effort watsoever managed to Pass aswell when they were sitting on like 23/50. I am so going to tell her off and talk to the head of law about this matter.
They should really know how to mark papers for what they are worth. Complete injustice.
uh... a bit of advice - you might want to re think the way you appraoch this...

That kind of attitude tends to get a bit fat fuck off from UWS :p You shouldn't approach your teacher - you should approach the unit coordinator only as you don't know who marked your exam necessarily.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, fill in a formal review of grade application.

I'm not saying you did, but it is possible that you missed something that carried a big proportion of the weighting for certain questions or something like that... Or you could have done something small that is hugely important eg a lot of people forget to underline cases, or get the formatting of any citations wrong and don't even know they've done it... or it could even just be your writing style or something like that which a lot people don't have as good a handle on during their first few semesters as they think they do as exams and assignments are different - so be sure to be polite about it in case you are wrong.

You don't want to get a reputation for being a whinger in your first year because believe me - they remember you and being remembered when it comes to grade reviews is definitely not a good thing lol :)

Above all before doing anything - make sure you carefully read the uni's policy regarding review of grade as if you do something/approach someone in a manner that isn't considered appropriate, not only would your appeal be unlikely to succeed but you could potentially be up for Misconduct 'charges' which would really suck :p

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LaraB

Just a comment - in future - no need to be so formal :p it may come across as insincere to some academics (I know from experience lol - one lecturer took offence to me referring to her as "Doctor" as she said the more formal you are, the more it sounds like you're trying to disguise rudenes lol)

Make sure you have a read of the review of grade stuff regardless as you need to make sure you know what area you want to argue under as when you fill in the forms you have to choose a particular "topic" - i.e. -

You may apply for a review of a final grade if you have reason to believe that:

• The unit-coordinator did not provide a unit outline as required.
  • The assessment requirements as specified in the unit outline were varied in an unreasonable way.
  • Assessment requirements specified in the unit outline were unreasonably or prejudicially applied to the candidate.
  • A candidate is of the view that a clerical error has occurred in the computation of the grade.
  • Due regard has not been paid to the evidence of illness or misadventure.

If they were to be less than flexible regarding a formal review of grade application should it come to that, your only argument it would seem could be based on a clerical error... which sucks if you have real reason to believe the marking was dodgy

Of course, keep in mind that you may not get a reply/an optimistic reply soon since I bet John will be inundated with students in similar circumstances, particularly those who are finishing their degree this year.

Although it's good that you're confident that you did do well - don't be disheartened if it ends up that the marking was accurate and you just didn't do that well... You may just have no idea that there was an important point of law or trick in the exam that you missed, or you may have done something as simple and silly as i did in one assignment in the first semester like writing "J" and "CJ" etc instead of Justice or Judge which is a big no no and costs you a lot of marks - but you never even realise you've done it until you get angry red marks back all over your assignment :p lol

Its your first semester - if it is just a case of not doing well in an exam, its no big deal as you still did well overall - the vast majority of people have one unit they do poorly in, especially in first semester of law as the style of exam is somewhat unique. If that is the case, it is ultimately of little consequence as if you continue to do well in in future your GPA will even back out - I know from experience - i had a 5.25 GPA in first semester and currently have a 6+ GPA after my 6th semester so its far from impossible to improve your GPA significantly :)

Last edited by a moderator:

= Jennifer =

HSC
Demandred said:

Course GPA 6.000

Congrats :)

lol I am so close to a pretty gpa :p it is now 5.750 lol :p

dude01

HSC
arashnaebkhil said:
hey guys. I hope you enjoyed the classic trick! Those results are awesome. If only I could do that. My GPA is only 5.5 :mad1: Its just injustice how Nikki Bromberger gives me only 20/50 for the final when I thought I did heaps good. I was sitting on a 35/50 for Introduction to law and yet just scraped a 55 Pass. People in my class which were all so dumb and did no effort watsoever managed to Pass aswell when they were sitting on like 23/50. I am so going to tell her off and talk to the head of law about this matter.
They should really know how to mark papers for what they are worth. Complete injustice.
Contact the unit coordinator first to discuss your mark. I was successful in making an appeal of grade last semester and both the unit coordinator and head of program were pretty useless (this was for a business subject) - they couldn't/wouldn't even tell me why I failed and just told me to lodge a review of grade. Turns out it was a clerical error all along... pretty stupid that they couldnt just check it themsleves and fix it up.

I've had john for contracts and he's a good guy, so hopefully he'll help you out.

lara and jennifer; your marks are awesome. I got 1 P, 2 C's and 1 D. I always get passes or credits for law subjects!!! The exams always stuff me up... any tips u might wana share for law exams? My GPA is getting lower every semester...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)