Standard or Advanced English? (1 Viewer)

kailasarah

HSC
I am soo confused whether to choose standrad or Advanced English for my HSC!
last year I came first in English and was doing Ext 1 but this year I've really fallen down. I dont know if it's better to do standard and maybe get a higher mark or do advanced because I really do have advanced skills, so I'm told.

4theHSC

HSC
kailasarah said:
last year I came first in English and was doing Ext 1 but this year I've really fallen down. I dont know if it's better to do standard and maybe get a higher mark or do advanced because I really do have advanced skills, so I'm told.
Drop if your recommended to drop. If you are at the bottom quarter of your adv class then drop. If you know you are capable and can do better then don't. If you think that you will be dedicated then don't drop. See its not so hard to weigh these things in your head. We are the same as you, so don't take our advice :hammer:

bye

lizac

HSC
definitely advanced
if you don't get in the top band in standard your mark can get dragged down so much!!
i started doing standard (for a day lol) and changed to advanced i am SO glad i changed

sparkerasp

HSC
lizac said:
i started doing standard (for a day lol) and changed to advanced i am SO glad i changed
You can do that? lol I always thought you could move down but not up.

But, yeah, as people are saying. Take Advanced.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think you should definitely do Advanced.

lizac

HSC
sparkerasp said:
You can do that? lol I always thought you could move down but not up.

But, yeah, as people are saying. Take Advanced.
i think because it was only for a day it didnt matter lol

Tariiq

HSC
kailasarah said:
advanced english FUK YEHH is easier and i piked it and i got ranked high go for it mate good jobb

kailasarah

HSC
Oh I mean like from coming 1st out of about 120 people to 17th out of 40 people. I also changed schools in the middle of all this (to a new school for the beggining of the year then back to my old school) so it's not very accurate but I know I can do advanced I just don't understand if i'll get a higher mark and therefore a higher UAI in standard or advanced.

Last edited:

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
kailasarah said:
Hmm considering you can't spell standard i would go for advanced...i mean standard err.. Actually don't take my advice just do standrad i think

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
Advanced for sure
Theres like no difference between advanced and standard just that 1 gives you a much higher chance of getting band 6 in english, in fact VERY difficult to get band 6 in standard

similarities:
You both do an area of study
You both have to do a module exam consisting of 3 essays. Since i would write an essay per module and memorise it regardless of which english, i chose Advanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)