STAT test (1 Viewer)

ellipsis

HSC
The mid year one is open and closes soon so get in quick.
No info on the end year on yet.
Go see the UAC website for more

span23

STAT

Hi, i'm currently doing year 12 and am interested in doing a pharmacy course at university, but i don't know whether i need to do the STAT test and when it needs to be done by, does anyone have any ideas? I think that it may be required for the sydney university, but i'm not sure if you need it to get into charles sturt uni. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

JUB JUB

HSC
stat test...

I thought the STAT test was only needed at UNSW?
Can someone plz tell me is you need it for any science courses
at Sydney Uni for 2004 and if so which?
thanx:D

chrisso23

I am actually in first year pharmacy at Sydney University at the moment, and to get into sydney i needed to get a mark of (I think) above 149/200 in the STAT test, together with a set UAI mark. As for other universities, I am not too sure, however i do know that the university at Wagga did not need to have the STAT test to enter the pharmacy course. :)

ellipsis

HSC
Oh hey cool... Can I throw some random questions at you ?

Do you like it ?
What bits suck ?
How many hours per week ?
How hard is the maths you have to do ?

I wanted to do that email a student thing that they have a glossy brochure for...but then they didn't have a pharmacy student. :mad1:

chrisso23

pharmacy

At the moment it is so-so as we are covering a lot of the work that we did in the HSC, but in the next few semesters we will cover a lot more work specific to pharmacy as opposed to, say, unrelated biology/chemistry.
For this term i have 24 hours of class a week, which is divided into lectures and tutorials. Most of the lecture info can be found at the USYD website, so if you miss a few it is not that important. Tutorials however are more important as you have to attend, i think 90%.
I have 5 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Introduction to Psychology, Maths (Calculus) and pharmacy in society, but only the first four subjects have exams.
So far it is actually really easy. We have only had a few assignments as most of our assessment mark comes from the main exam.
As far as maths is concerned, this semester it is mainly calculus, so expect a fair bit of integration and harder differentiation. If you do 2-unit maths advanced, then you should be fine. Most of the people in our course, regardless of whether they did maths at school, are still easily passing, and all you need is a mark of 46/100 to pass anyway. ;)

chels

how was STAT test~??!!

was it really hard??
and is there lots of readings included??
i can do that test only once a year.. right?
but is it the same exam for one year??
i mean for this year 2003, whenever i sit for that exam
will it be same??????

ellipsis

HSC
chrisso23 - I missed it when you posted, so delayed reaction, but ta for replying :) You make it sound really good....argh another thing on the list of stuff I like the sound of :(

chels - I sat it lat month, and I didn't find it hard (I haven't got my result yet though).
I ended up leaving 40mins before it was due to end, because I had finished and had checked the questions I found hard.
The information is all there, you just have to interpret it. Some of its challenging, but its all there. It was half-half englishy (readings) stuff and interpret-y graph stuff.

You can sit it twice a year - at the mid-year and/or the end year. The exams are same level of difficulty etc, but are different actual exams - how easy would it be for people to go cheat if they weren't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)