Statistics for Business OR Introduction to Economic Methods? (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I haven't enrolled in any of the Spring Session units yet, however while waiting for my Student ID card today, the lady at the Student Centre told me to enrol for Semester 2 units as soon as possible.

I have to choose between Statistics for Business OR Introduction to Economic Methods as my last unit for the second semester and I'm unsure about, which one I should choose. Can anyone provide me a basic overview of the two? Even a link, which provides some information on these two units will help.

My main questions being:

- The difference between the two
- Which is more challenging
- Which is more beneficial etc.

Any help is much appreciated. :D

boris2003

HSC
tanjin said:
I haven't enrolled in any of the Spring Session units yet, however while waiting for my Student ID card today, the lady at the Student Centre told me to enrol for Semester 2 units as soon as possible.

I have to choose between Statistics for Business OR Introduction to Economic Methods as my last unit for the second semester and I'm unsure about, which one I should choose. Can anyone provide me a basic overview of the two? Even a link, which provides some information on these two units will help.

My main questions being:

- The difference between the two
- Which is more challenging
- Which is more beneficial etc.

Any help is much appreciated. :D
Kerry Mezina said Stat for Bus. I have heard that it is a very challenging unit though

geeTs

HSC
I did Intro to Economic Methods last year and found the unit to be quite easy. If it is run similar to how it was last year then the questions from the exam will be taken from the tutorial questions with just a bit of number fudging.

Below I have attached the Unit Outline and the Tutorial questions that we had from Autumn 07

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
geeTs said:
I did Intro to Economic Methods last year and found the unit to be quite easy. If it is run similar to how it was last year then the questions from the exam will be taken from the tutorial questions with just a bit of number fudging.

Below I have attached the Unit Outline and the Tutorial questions that we had from Autumn 07
Thanks so much! :D

boris2003

HSC
geeTs said:

Oh crap, can i still change it, from Stat for Bus to Intro to Eco meth:burn:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Stick with stats for business

boris2003

HSC
arashnaebkhil said:
Some people find Stats for business hard but I found it really easy. Managed to even get HD 96 in it. Just stick to the work and always go to the lectures and make sure you copy all the examples. Questions are always in that format and all you need to do is change the numbers and co. around.
Hope that helps
what if you'r not good at complicated maths, but excellent at the basics:D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ari89 said:
Because Intro to Economic Methods is much harder.
Really? My accounting tutor said Stats is much more difficult.

I have no idea about which unit too choose. :(

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Really? My accounting tutor said Stats is much more difficult.

I have no idea about which unit too choose. :(
You have to do stats in intro to economic methods though as well as econometric crap and financial maths. It's not hard so far as long as you haven't forgotten your 2unit maths skills.

I'll tell you more when I complete the unit as you have plenty of time if you want to enroll in it for next semester.

Snooty

HSC
Stats isnt hard. I did general maths and got credit in stats.

dm4n

HSC
i thought stats was really easy i even managed to get 97 HD for it and i only did 2U maths in high school

some general tips from me would be to do all the homework until you understand the work well and master the past papers

Snooty

HSC
boris2003 said:
Really? What did you get in general in your HSC
lol, 80. Stats was mostly remembering how to fit the numbers into formulas, reading off tables and drawing graphs. Nothing too complex.

boris2003

HSC
Snooty said:
lol, 80. Stats was mostly remembering how to fit the numbers into formulas, reading off tables and drawing graphs. Nothing too complex.
I hope it won't be complex.

Demandred

HSC
Introduction to Economic Methods focuses more on mathematics than on statistics, there's a lot more focus on derivatives, quadratics, probability and basic regression analysis. I found it quite hard initially, but you'll get use to it. You'll find Girija (Co-ordinator) is a great guy and would be willing to spend a lot of time to help go through the tough questions and problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)