stethoscopes (1 Viewer)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i'm just going to get a Littman because i'm a sheep. i have a bulky Prestige Medical stethoscope but it's a bit of an arse and keeps falling apart.

apart from ebay, are there any sites i can order from that will provide me with a slightly -less-than-terrifying price? i'm a little far away to pick one up from a shop.

(better posted on MSO?)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
LottoX said:
UNSW MedSoc bookshop. Anyone can buy stuff from there. Not too sure about the price though.
it's just the issue of getting it from there (i'm about 4000km away). but i have a friend doing god knows what at UNSW so i might get him to check it out for me, thanks :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Litt classic IISE is the minimum...

or the welch allyn elite ... very good quality.. but eqv to a cardio 3 from litt
and with a peds diaphragm.. and not a tunable diaphragm...

there are other brands.. but i like these 2 the best..

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Litt classic IISE is the minimum...

or the welch allyn elite ... very good quality.. but eqv to a cardio 3 from litt
and with a peds diaphragm.. and not a tunable diaphragm...

there are other brands.. but i like these 2 the best..
yeah, i was going to get the Classic II SE. i looked at the Lightweight one but i've heard they're a bit crappy and there isn't much of a difference in price.

but do you know anywhere i can buy one for less than $105? :p that's the best price i've found online (medshop.com.au)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ummm ebay lolz.. its about $75.. before S&H..

litt classic SE2 are about that price.. but u should be able to claim it as a work expense..

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
ummm ebay lolz.. its about $75.. before S&H..

litt classic SE2 are about that price.. but u should be able to claim it as a work expense..
the postage from the US makes it not viable: US$60 for the stethoscope + $30 for the postage = i don't think so.

and i will definitely be claiming it come tax time! i'm just very much still in a 'poor student' frame of mind these days when it comes to spending money.

rozymisty

HSC
I know that you can get ones that you can get art put on them, and its really good if your working with children.

Cant remember the company though. I know at QUT Bookshop, you can get cheap ones, but they are just that, cheap basic ones. Better to spend more on a good quality one that will last you a long time!

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
no, i definitely want a proper steth and not something cheapie.
but the crisis has been averted - the boyfriend has bought it for me for my birthday :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)