Stressed about what's next (1 Viewer)

eshaylad69420

HSC
Hi there guys, I am a student at a competitive top 10 school with a pretty toxic culture when it comes to marks and whatnot. My school is especially strong at math and people doing 2u (like me) are often frowned upon. My subjects are 2u Math, SOR, Legal, Eco and Chem. I am extremely worried that I will not be able to reach my ATAR goal of 98+ by doing these subjects as I've had a look at my school's honour roll and not one person has done well that did 2u math. I don't even know why I'm posting this, i guess i just need reassurance from past students that did similar subjects and did well.
Thank you

Kyufruit

HSC
Who cares if people who did 2u maths in the past didn’t do well.
They aren’t you, are they?

Study and work hard, believe in yourself and your capabilities. The fact that you go to a top 10 school already proves that you’re intelligent.

I don’t go to a top 10 selective school, but I do go to a partically selective school that also has a very toxic environment (mainstream vs selective), so I know that it must be hard to be frowned upon and not be taken as seriously. You have to use this toxicity and make it your motivation, prove them wrong 😤

This is coming from a mainstream student who had people making assumptions on and betting when I will drop out, and turned it into the motivation that helped me achieve the academics award in year 11 as well as top my cohort in some subjects.

All the best :]💕

quickoats

HSC
I went to a lower selective school but I did feel some of the same pressures as you doing an odd selection of subjects (for the school anyway). I actually started year 11 with a more 'traditional' combo (chem phys) but ended up changing and doing my own thing even though people doubted it bc scaling/peer pressure etc. I found that it really helped just to focus on myself and not compare myself to others so I could achieve the best possible marks I could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)