Stressed as hell (1 Viewer)

Annabeth_35

HSC
Hey guys I know this is pretty late but I have just been worrying over this for a long time. So I had wanted an ATAR of 90+ and I would actually need at least an ATAR of 92 for my course at usyd. Though, lately I have been having doubts that now I might not be able to achieve this goal because I feel so underprepared despite this year of 12s having the longest time to prepare. I am worried about the fact that I haven’t had enough time to perfect my mistakes for each subject, as well as the fact that I am still learning content while doing past paper questions. With biology especially, I am worried about it because it’s criteria is so specific and it’s always been hard for me to get in the 80s and 90s for it. Due to these issues I just feel like I won’t get the ATAR I want which is what I m worried about. 😟

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Hey guys I know this is pretty late but I have just been worrying over this for a long time. So I had wanted an ATAR of 90+ and I would actually need at least an ATAR of 92 for my course at usyd. Though, lately I have been having doubts that now I might not be able to achieve this goal because I feel so underprepared despite this year of 12s having the longest time to prepare. I am worried about the fact that I haven’t had enough time to perfect my mistakes for each subject, as well as the fact that I am still learning content while doing past paper questions. With biology especially, I am worried about it because it’s criteria is so specific and it’s always been hard for me to get in the 80s and 90s for it. Due to these issues I just feel like I won’t get the ATAR I want which is what I m worried about. 😟
stressing causes you to lose focus and motivation, don’t stress, you got this 👊😃

icycledough

HSC
It definitely isn't too late at the moment. With one more week remaining till the start of exams, I would be focusing on English Paper 1 and 2 at the moment, just because they are approaching very soon. But in general, if you need an ATAR of at least 92, then don't aim for a 92 ATAR, work towards a 95 ATAR, so you can guarantee that you can reach your target ATAR, given that your performance in the exam and your study up till then is dedicated.

Suz D

HSC
Honestly, the amount of people who have told me that the atar doesn't matter greatly surpasses the 2 people that say it does. I am too trying to aim for a good atar (not as big as 90+). Sure the atar matters if you plan on going to Uni next year, but even then there are plenty of other pathways. And who knows, you might completely change your mind about who you are and what you want for your future. I have! Last month I was set on studying animation but now I am planning on doing social work. I think many schools/parents force teens to make a decision about what they want to do career wise for the rest of my life, but in reality, most people end up changing their careers. My mom studied to be a business women but now she is a school counsellor. People change, and its better to enjoy your time now rather than stressing about something that will most likely change.

Still, it is worth it to just try your absolute best. The scaling system is also a dumb system. You could do really well in popular subjects, but just rank low because so many people do the course. At the end of the day, you can just do your best. The atar you get doesn't reflect the amount of work you put in, your work ethic, your future and who you are. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you begin to feel less stressed!

Annabeth_35

HSC
Honestly, the amount of people who have told me that the atar doesn't matter greatly surpasses the 2 people that say it does. I am too trying to aim for a good atar (not as big as 90+). Sure the atar matters if you plan on going to Uni next year, but even then there are plenty of other pathways. And who knows, you might completely change your mind about who you are and what you want for your future. I have! Last month I was set on studying animation but now I am planning on doing social work. I think many schools/parents force teens to make a decision about what they want to do career wise for the rest of my life, but in reality, most people end up changing their careers. My mom studied to be a business women but now she is a school counsellor. People change, and its better to enjoy your time now rather than stressing about something that will most likely change.

Still, it is worth it to just try your absolute best. The scaling system is also a dumb system. You could do really well in popular subjects, but just rank low because so many people do the course. At the end of the day, you can just do your best. The atar you get doesn't reflect the amount of work you put in, your work ethic, your future and who you are. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you begin to feel less stressed!
Thanks a lot, this was really inspiring.

moriamsdubu

HSC
you still have time to improve your weak areas in your subjects !!! from what i know for bio (i don't do it lol so forgive me) it's in the third week, so focus your energy on improving the parts of the syllabus you feel completely hopeless in since these are most likely the areas where you'd lose marks in the exam - we'll make it through this!!

nourished.

HSC
Look, at the end of the day, you'll get what you get. And you don't get to control that, none of us do. All you can control right now is that you give it your best shot. For the time being, you really need to get all your notes written this week. So, download a brief summary from the notes section here, and make very brief cheatsheets. DO NOT put everything you read into your cheatsheets. Then, allocate intense focus and all of your time into doing practice papers for the subject that will be tested first.

It's going to be super challenging, but you will overcome this.

Annabeth_35

HSC
Look, at the end of the day, you'll get what you get. And you don't get to control that, none of us do. All you can control right now is that you give it your best shot. For the time being, you really need to get all your notes written this week. So, download a brief summary from the notes section here, and make very brief cheatsheets. DO NOT put everything you read into your cheatsheets. Then, allocate intense focus and all of your time into doing practice papers for the subject that will be tested first.

It's going to be super challenging, but you will overcome this.
Thank a lot, this was really motivating!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)