Stressed out (1 Viewer)

Stressedassss

HSC
Hey guys just wanted some consultation on what I should do for bio and business. They are both in two weeks time, Bio on Monday and Business on Tuesday. I am still learning content, where I have learnt half of the content for each of them and still have the remaining half to memorise. I also have a Math's exam on Monday which I am also stressed about. I am just not sure how to manage everything, especially as I have content left for business and bio to cover and need to do practice questions. For maths there are still areas that I need to cover that I am weak at so I don't how to cover bio and business this week. Any helpful advice?

santavself

HSC
Hey guys just wanted some consultation on what I should do for bio and business. They are both in two weeks time, Bio on Monday and Business on Tuesday. I am still learning content, where I have learnt half of the content for each of them and still have the remaining half to memorise. I also have a Math's exam on Monday which I am also stressed about. I am just not sure how to manage everything, especially as I have content left for business and bio to cover and need to do practice questions. For maths there are still areas that I need to cover that I am weak at so I don't how to cover bio and business this week. Any helpful advice?
I’d say smash out math over the next three days and then give yourself a days break on Monday after the exam, then get back to studying for bio and business on Tuesday. Good luck with the rest of your exams and sorry if this isn’t too specific, I’m throwing the hsc because I have early entry :)

5uckerberg

HSC
Do you know where you find difficulties in mathematics? If you do go after them and understand why the working out is set like this and then find ways to make it easy to recall when you have to do an exam. Plus go over your strong areas so that you maintain your capabilities in them.

Last edited:

icycledough

HSC
I’d say smash out math over the next three days and then give yourself a days break on Monday after the exam, then get back to studying for bio and business on Tuesday. Good luck with the rest of your exams and sorry if this isn’t too specific, I’m throwing the hsc because I have early entry :)
I agree with where you're coming from, as you have pretty much guaranteed entry into the course you want to do, but still remember that as the HSC is based on collective success, not trying as hard as you would otherwise could possibly be detrimental to other students, as you want to maximise the total allocation of HSC marks so that internal moderation is favourable for everyone.

mikrokosmos

HSC
Hey! I don't do business, but here's how I improved in biology in a short period of time :)

1. Listen to the HSCBiology Podcast for topics in particular the hormonal stuff in mod 5, and the last inquiry question of module 8. Listen to him on different speeds if needed, and make notes. I like to use a lot of arrows so that usually helps. It becomes like a flowchart with doodles and paragraphs. You don't have to listen to EVERY episode, because some topics are relatively easy to just learn/memorise in like 10 minutes. Here's a link to the podcast - https://open.spotify.com/show/2r0f8yz6s8vfs0irprk0DN?si=2e59f1f172eb4cfb

2. With those paragraph flowcharts, consolidate them to shorter sentences! Draw diagrams - particularly for action potential, and the last inquiry question of module 8

3. Handwrite your notes!! I have one exercise book in which I spend an hour every day writing notes (not paragraphs, just simple dot points) This really retains in your memory.

4. Flashcards: Particularly for the tedious stuff in mod 5 and 7 :) you can make them on Quizlet or physical flashcards (I prefer the latter)

5. Teach: I usually just teach stuff to my sister, mum or even friends who are struggling. Since they ask a lot of questions, you'll figure out what you still need to revise.

6. HSC Questions - very, very important

7. Other resources:

• PascalPress flashcards: https://pascalpress.com.au/free
  • Edrolo - you need to pay though
  • ATAR-notes Biology book - you can use a free trial with EduUnlimited for 7 days! They have resources for plenty of other subjects on there, too

Let me know if you need any help, I love bio :) good luck! you've got this :)

Stressedassss

HSC
Hey! I don't do business, but here's how I improved in biology in a short period of time :)

1. Listen to the HSCBiology Podcast for topics in particular the hormonal stuff in mod 5, and the last inquiry question of module 8. Listen to him on different speeds if needed, and make notes. I like to use a lot of arrows so that usually helps. It becomes like a flowchart with doodles and paragraphs. You don't have to listen to EVERY episode, because some topics are relatively easy to just learn/memorise in like 10 minutes. Here's a link to the podcast -

2. With those paragraph flowcharts, consolidate them to shorter sentences! Draw diagrams - particularly for action potential, and the last inquiry question of module 8

3. Handwrite your notes!! I have one exercise book in which I spend an hour every day writing notes (not paragraphs, just simple dot points) This really retains in your memory.

4. Flashcards: Particularly for the tedious stuff in mod 5 and 7 :) you can make them on Quizlet or physical flashcards (I prefer the latter)

5. Teach: I usually just teach stuff to my sister, mum or even friends who are struggling. Since they ask a lot of questions, you'll figure out what you still need to revise.

6. HSC Questions - very, very important

7. Other resources:

• PascalPress flashcards:
  • Edrolo - you need to pay though
  • ATAR-notes Biology book - you can use a free trial with EduUnlimited for 7 days! They have resources for plenty of other subjects on there, too

Let me know if you need any help, I love bio :) good luck! you've got this :)
Thank you so much this really is so helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)