Stressing about my atar! (1 Viewer)

daniboy232

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys
Man Im stressing balls about my atar right now, like to the point that I get depressed and can't sleep. Idk what to do. Right now i don't know if my atar will be even > 50, I'm soo scared that I won't get into uni = mum being extremely disappointed + ethnics everywhere who expected me to get over 90.... This year was hard as I had a lot of family problems + my gf of two years life/death situation + laziness which got my mind off the Hsc. I studied for the Hsc, like I think I'll get 70+ for my subjects ( maths, phys, std eng, eco) and a 90+ for design. But like my internal marks / ranks arnt too good. So idk what to do, repeat year 12 or tafe or something else?

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey mate,

First of all, what are you planning on studying at uni?

It's normal for everyone to get nervous about their ATAR. But remember, ATAR isn't the be all and end all. There's a lot of alternative pathways into university. You can do this via TAFE or University college (which offers a diploma, exactly like at tafe, but, you get to be in a university environment).

I'm sure you'll do fine.

Post your subject rankings and school rank so we can estimate your ATAR.

Last edited:

2011_

HSC
Hey :) Firstly, think positive - it may not be as bad as you think!
As the above poster stated, there are so many pathways to Uni. For example, Charles Sturt University has lots of options for students to get in via a TAFE component / course. (Check out other Uni websites too, most have alternate entry schemes). Or you could go into one course then try to transfer to your desired course. Thirdly, try calling the Uni (sometimes they are sympathetic when there are circumstances such as yours, especially if yours is a lower demand course). And you could always apply for a distance education course, then try to transfer on campus.
Good luck :) :)

daniboy232

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the quick reply guys.
Design - 1/22
Eco 22/34
Phy - 24/32
Eng - 34/90
Maths ... Wow lol 80/100
School rank - 100
I want to do project and construction management

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
HSC is done. You can't change it. Don't stress over something that you have no power over now.

joezia

HSC
Thanks for the quick reply guys.
Design - 1/22
Eco 22/34
Phy - 24/32
Eng - 34/90
Maths ... Wow lol 80/100
School rank - 100
I want to do project and construction management
u get up to 10 bonus points if u choose to do construction management at uws dependant on ur post code and hsc results, check the website
and with ur ranks, u can get an atar in the 70s i reckon, really depends how good you did and how good your class did in that subject, 70+ raw in those subjects is really good, 90+ raw in design n tech is really good too..

so dw about it

Last edited:
HSC
calm the fuck down m8. Look, if your fears are true, then you are pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us cunts here in nsw.

kfnmpah

HSC
omg i'm stressing too!
uuuuuuughhh i'm stressing out so bad!

i really want to get into maths teaching at newcastle uni, but tha atar is like ~70 and i stuffed up all ym assessments

food tech 63% 15/22
2u maths 69% (hehehe 69) 17/49
standard english: 87% 5/66
1U SOR (catholic school, ugh!) 88% 18/87
bio: 71% 10/23
business: 61% 16/22

school rank: ~380

do you think i'll get 75?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
omg i'm stressing too!
uuuuuuughhh i'm stressing out so bad!

i really want to get into maths teaching at newcastle uni, but tha atar is like ~70 and i stuffed up all ym assessments

food tech 63% 15/22
2u maths 69% (hehehe 69) 17/49
standard english: 87% 5/66
1U SOR (catholic school, ugh!) 88% 18/87
bio: 71% 10/23
business: 61% 16/22

school rank: ~380

do you think i'll get 75?[/QUOTE
I'm assuming you did better in your externals right? I think you should be able to get 75.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty worried myself. Let's just hope that luck will save me. I did pretty bad for externals. I would be lucky to achieve 80+.

kfnmpah

HSC
ugh, not really. omg english was soooo bad. same with business not a single person walked out of their and was happy.

omg.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
epic gravedig?

i'm not sure what's going on here...

pwettigurl

HSC
It's normal to be stressed!
I'm freaking out too and am annoyed due to the pressure of the Latvian/Russian community all waiting for my atar...:S

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
It's normal to be stressed!
I'm freaking out too and am annoyed due to the pressure of the Latvian/Russian community all waiting for my atar...:S
LOL, I understand you on the community waiting for the atar part. I'm in a pretty similar condition to you. The Korean community is anticipating my ATAR also and they all think i'm going to get 95+ T.T.. gg

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
ugh, not really. omg english was soooo bad. same with business not a single person walked out of their and was happy.

omg.
o_O English and Business were pretty alright exams for me. I think eco (my best subject) and maths were my disappointments T.T

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
LOL, I understand you on the community waiting for the atar part. I'm in a pretty similar condition to you. The Korean community is anticipating my ATAR also and they all think i'm going to get 95+ T.T.. gg
I love how all the ajummas congregate at each others house and state that they feel their kids are no-hopers. Happens all the time.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

omg.
Nicola, English standard and business are probably the easiest they have been in a while. Hahaha

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I love how all the ajummas congregate at each others house and state that they feel their kids are no-hopers. Happens all the time.
LOOOOOL omgg ahhahahaa this is so true. Also Korean ajummas only want USYD OR UNSW :((.. I said MACQ and i got a few looks o_O from some ajummas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)