Struggling with MX2 (1 Viewer)

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys, is it normal to struggle with MX2?
my 3U average is around 80s+ but my 4U average is 50ish :( ..

I think in the HSC i will only get half of the paper right .. if not less.

how much of this will affect my atar?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
An average of 50% raw will scale up to a solid 80+ already in Extension 2 Mathematics.

inJust

HSC
I hate maths, seriously. Urgh. Unfair that all the maths kids can't speak english and they get 97 atar off the bat.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
I spend 80% of my time studying MX2 =(
if you think about it this way, MX2 is an ATAR killer because it forces you to neglect your other subjects
I really need to pay more attention to my other subjects :(

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate maths, seriously. Urgh. Unfair that all the maths kids can't speak english and they get 97 atar off the bat.
I see where you're coming from - but you've stated it too harshly/unfairly. A lack of communication skills/confidence will eventually catch up to them. But in their defence, Eng Adv is a compulsory subject!

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
I see where you're coming from - but you've stated it too harshly/unfairly. A lack of communication skills/confidence will eventually catch up to them. But in their defence, Eng Adv is a compulsory subject!
iSplicer, do you know your row marks?

EDIT: raw (hate English!)

Last edited:

iBibah

HSC
+1

ATAR can only get them so far.

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
don't get a false sense of achievement thinking that you're going to get 80+ in mx2 without hard work.
a 50% in the externals may get you an 80 in externals, but what about internals?
at the end of the day, it's an average of both..
so long story short- try harder, keep a balance between all subs, beast trials and externals and watch dem results please you;)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Heey, do you know if that still applies if I'm at a rank 100-150ish school?
=S
Your school won't affect your externals much ofc, but it would help to not be in the bottom otherwise your internal mark will take the bottom marks in the external.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)