Study (1 Viewer)

Lemming

HSC
N/A
What is better to do now ? btw i have not taken any notes all year for all my sujects
  1. Past papers
  2. Notes

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
If you have taken no notes, then I'd probably try to past papers to get an idea of where your knowledge gaps are.

There are plenty of notes online (Including in the resource section of this website) that are free to use, so I'd probably just get some of other people's notes to use, I don't reckon you have time now.

It also depends on what your subjects are, like mathematics doesn't really need notes etc

gallen88

HSC
^ What SupR said was pretty spot on.

If you have to finish off notes for one particular module (E.G. Business Studies you just need to finish off Human Resource Strategies) you can use the time now to finalise, as it will only take a few hours maximum. But if you don't have any, get someone's notes online in the resource section and try to understand the content. Use them while you are doing past papers to see where your real strengths and weaknesses are.

Also do past papers and have them marked by your teachers, this is critical for subjects such as English, Legal, Modern, Ancient, basically any essay subject!

For Mathematics you can go to the answers section and see where you went well and went poorly in, so you don't have to ask teachers to mark. However, if you are struggling with a particular topic in Maths, ask your teacher for guidance and assistance so you can consolidate your understanding.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yea get some notes online because no time to write them now, and understand the notes. Imo knowing content is more important than past papers (except maths) because if you know the content you can answer hard questions anyway... but everyone's opinion is different! But after understanding the notes just do past papers.

I say this because for phys HSC I did like 10 past papers and planned to mark them day before, but I decided to review all the content which made me stay up late so I didn't mark the papers hence they were useless, but still got mid band 6 so I feel like knowing the content is really important.

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
I agree with pikachu.

Exam questions have various levels of difficulty. If you havent written any notes for the full year, it is probably more wise to study notes that are available online. Exam questions may be good if you can easily figure out what exam questions are differentating band 5 and 6 students and what are 'common questions' - straight copy and paste of learning objectives. However, this will require you to understand the syllabus well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)