Studying for trials efficiently and sleeping well. (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
How can I stop myself from waking up in the afternoon and sleeping in the morning?
It's 9 and i haven't slept since waking up at 5PM in the afternoon yesterday.

Lately I have been waking up in the afternoon (anywhere between 4-5 PM) and then I don't feel tired at all until 7 AM. I've tried to set an alarm for myself many times but I always think to myself, "Whatever, it's Winter school holidays, might as well go back to sleep..." and go right back to sleep

The other day i got out of bed at 8pm for breakfast and went to sleep the next day at 8am.
Then i woke up at like 5pm and slept at 7am.
Finally, i woke up yesterday at about 4pm and it's 9:03am and i'm trying to snap out of this sleeping pattern but how do i do it? Should i go do some trial papers until 7pm tonight and go to sleep? I'm just so tired but i know if i go to sleep now, that i won't wake up till the afternoon.

If possible please try to suggest some ways to fix this problem that DON'T involve sleep medications.
Anyone else who have problems with their sleep and it's interrupting their studies for trials?:sleep::read::eek::burn:

twistedrebel

HSC
your screwed, try and stay awake all day today to fix your pattern

assiduous

HSC
your screwed, try and stay awake all day today to fix your pattern
I know right?! :(
It's ( 9:27am and i can't go to bed. I was tired at 7am as per usual these holidays but i know i need to snap out of this pattern before school starts and so that i stop getting missed calls and end up waking up when the sun sets!

I will do my best to stay awake all day today. :)

I think I'll be sleeping like a baby tonight when i hit the sack and it might be for 12 hours to work of this sleep debt.

What Time Do You Guys Think I Should Go To Sleep Tonight If I Want To Wake Up At 6am Tomorrow (taking into conisderation i woke up 4-5pm yesterday and will be awake for 24 hours+)?

assiduous

HSC
Oh, gosh, i'm yawning so much and i'm so hungry!
This sleeping pattern of mine for this last week has been making me hungry as i only end up eating 2 meals each time i'm awake.
So i need to get back to my regular/normal/healthy sleeping habits before i become skin and bones. :(

b0redAsian

HSC
man thats a really bad sleeping pattern you've gotten your self into, you should try and fix it up before trials start and more importantly when the HSC exams start !!

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
drink a lot of coffee today. stop at about 4, and go to bed around 5-6. I have no idea if that will even work, but the important thing is to make yourself stay awake so you can try to start sleeping at more normal times. but yes, if you're still nocturnal by the time term starts that might be a bit of a problem..

goodluck =\

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
that's really bad for you. You need to get some sleep! How are you going to gather enough energy for the trial exams? Sleep is VITAL to your cognitive abilities.

I'm going to bed at 2am every night and waking up at around 12pm. Yeah, I suck :(
But for the trials, I'll go to bed at 11pm and wake up at 8:00am.
I fear insomnia. I get all nervous about the exams and then I fail to fall asleep - so yeah sleep deprivation for me toooooooooooo...

assiduous

HSC
I know, i can already tell today won't be very productive because i'm having trouble staying awake, i'm really tempted just to hit the sack but i know if i do now, i would have killed any hope of fixing my sleeping patterns. :(

@x jiim: so you reckon 5 or 6? That sounds good to me too because usually when i pull an all-nighter for school i end up going to bed at 4ish-5ish when i get home to sleep but the problem is i end up waking up in the middle of night from 12am to 2am...

I want to make sure i wake up tomorrow morning at 6am~ give or take an hour.

Yeah, guys i will be trying to sleep well before the trials too but who actually can? I can just imagine rolling around all night stressing out. *shudders*

bouncing

HSC
drink coffee right now! because if you're anythign like me you wont feel sleepy for like 5 hours

i did that last night to make up for my lack of studying last week :D managed to stay awake and do maths efficiently for 5 hours yay

i hope you get out of this sleeping habbit because i know that mine (which is sleep at like 3wake up at 11) is bad enough with trials coming up toooo :(

you're not going to be able to suddenly wake up at 6am.. its like a gradual process because any missed sleep has to be caught up on - and dont think just cos its winter ill go sleep ALSO!! do what i do - put all the books that u need to study on ur bed so that everytime u try to go to sleep you're like CRAP all this work to do

hope this helps and goodluck :) ps if you dont like coffee you can try like caffeine pills? (but then again u probably shouldnt because it isnt good for u haha)

assiduous

HSC
Good news, guys i slept at 7:30PM (yes, PM!!) and i woke up at 3:30AM (in the morning). Didn't feel that tired. Got out of bed at 4:30am ate (was starving). Bummed around till 7:30. Slept again lol, till 10am. I'm just hoping i can fall asleep at 10 tonight and wake up at 7 tomorrow.

assiduous

HSC
drink coffee right now! because if you're anythign like me you wont feel sleepy for like 5 hours

i did that last night to make up for my lack of studying last week :D managed to stay awake and do maths efficiently for 5 hours yay

i hope you get out of this sleeping habbit because i know that mine (which is sleep at like 3wake up at 11) is bad enough with trials coming up toooo :(

you're not going to be able to suddenly wake up at 6am.. its like a gradual process because any missed sleep has to be caught up on - and dont think just cos its winter ill go sleep ALSO!! do what i do - put all the books that u need to study on ur bed so that everytime u try to go to sleep you're like CRAP all this work to do

hope this helps and goodluck :) ps if you dont like coffee you can try like caffeine pills? (but then again u probably shouldnt because it isnt good for u haha)
Thanks for the suggestions bouncing. :)
Haha, wow 5 hours is an awesome effort.
You sleep at 3am and wake up 11am? lol! I woke up at 3:30 this morning haha.

Lol, my body/mind doesn't catch up on missed sleep! Friday night, i went to sleep at 8pm and woke up 12am. Then i couldn't fall asleep again! I was rolling around in bed up till 4am when i decided to pull out the siblings ipod touch and play with her apps lol. Then when it was 7am i was tired and i was like omgggg, i can't sleep now because it's SATURDAY MORNING and the RTA closes early today, so i was like i will sleep after i go to the RTA and study 4 hours at the library. So i did all that, got home, helped mum with the dishes, ate and went to sleep at 7:30pm like a bby. :D WOKE UP 3:30! LOLLLLL
My circadian rhythms's/body is very weird!

Oh, i don't do caffeine. I can't tolerate it very well and it gives me tummy aches.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
someone is obviously a bit too much of twi-hard. Get over this vampire shzz and you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)