Studying (1 Viewer)

fatman69

HSC
What are some good tips and trick to focus on studying, effectively study, and how to study even if you are bothered to. I have heard people saying just get on with it and I tried it but it doesn't work. Everytime i tried to study it doesnt work for me and I always end up procastinating so any useful tips and tricks that i can used to studying that will help me be focused

P.S any tips on studying effectively and crunching in the knowledge and concepts would be appreciated

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Have a rigid study schedule, Sleep well, Meditate- Good ways to squeeze out as much as you can throughout a day

Try using grey scale mode on devices, have your phone well away from your person, plan for the next day at night, have resources that you need to study on you.

Best way to facilitate large scale concepts is through active recall- try use anki (you need tech experience if you use this app) or flashcards.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
What are some good tips and trick to focus on studying, effectively study, and how to study even if you are bothered to. I have heard people saying just get on with it and I tried it but it doesn't work. Everytime i tried to study it doesnt work for me and I always end up procastinating so any useful tips and tricks that i can used to studying that will help me be focused

P.S any tips on studying effectively and crunching in the knowledge and concepts would be appreciated
I wasn't really the best ay studying during year 12 to be honest, but like what @Hivaclibtibcharkwa and @tgone said, getting yourself out of the house and to a library or something of the like can get you to actually study.

I could never really study at home because of all the distractions, so whenever I wanted to get something done, I'd always go

Also, if you aren't bothered to stduy or don't have the motivation, start with something you enjoy as that will feel like the easiest work

tgone

HSC

wrote that up a few days ago, might be useful - but basically romanticise studying (make it a fun outing or something) is the tldr if you can't be bothered to read that monstrosity

carrotsss

HSC
Adding to what everyone else said, it also helps to seperate your study space from where you do everything else- whether this just be a seperate desk in your room or the library where you do nothing but studying. If that spot becomes a place where you only study, it builds a rhythm and makes it easier to study when you sit down there.

Vall

HSC
A big thing for me was studying at the right time of day. So I studied best by waking up at 5am and rolling out of bed straight to my desk (where I’d laid out study material the night before).

tgone

HSC
I could never really study at home because of all the distractions, so whenever I wanted to get something done, I'd always go

Also, if you aren't bothered to stduy or don't have the motivation, start with something you enjoy as that will feel like the easiest work
100% this, every time I wanted to do some boring/grindy notes study, I would always start out by doing like 30 minutes of 4u maths integration, because for me its 'satisfying' study, if that makes sense, and getting out of the house helps massively.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
100% this, every time I wanted to do some boring/grindy notes study, I would always start out by doing like 30 minutes of 4u maths integration, because for me its 'satisfying' study, if that makes sense, and getting out of the house helps massively.
Is it rlly that important to do notes for math?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
I never have bc whenever I do I never touch them and they take a fair while to make

tgone

HSC
Is it rlly that important to do notes for math?
oh, that's my bad for not being clearer - I never took notes for maths, (X1 or X2) I meant I would do some of this 'fun' study before going into the notes for chem/phys or english.

I don't think notes are really necessary for maths at all, except maybe if someone's really struggling with a concept and just want to get it all set out neatly and easy to understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)