subject questions (1 Viewer)

Simile

HSC
N/A
If i pick foundation maths and foundation physics for elec engineering, does it pull me back and take longer to finish the degree. If i select it, how do i catch up in 'mm1' and physics modelling?

Thanks

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
yes it does

you can spend more time at uni

or

you can overload

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
if electrical engineering has electives (which it should), you can put those as electives instead, so you don't have to spend longer with the degree

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
if electrical engineering has electives (which it should), you can put those as electives instead, so you don't have to spend longer with the degree
if the foundation courses can be counted towards the degree as electives then that should be fine

Simile

HSC
N/A
I am catching up on the maths side, but I am unsure about physics. I will have to see if they have electives when i choose the timetable.

chw

HSC
N/A
hi, chris from UTS here. UTS makes all Engineering students do a Math Readiness Survey - https://my.feit.uts.edu.au/pages/course/undergraduate/new_students - if you dont make the grade we force you to take Foundation Math. This is taken as 1 of your 4 electives hence doesn't necessarily make you stay longer.

We dont have foundation physics, you do physical modelling as it is core (regardless of whether you did HSC physics or not). We have free bridging courses for those who feel unprepared and is typically taken just before enrolment (or in the 1st few weeks at UTS).

If you want to see your study plan templates look at https://my.feit.uts.edu.au/pages/course/undergraduate/ect - with Electrical it could impact some of your subjects and your advisor can help you with your study plan.

cheers
chris w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)