SUBJECT RANKINGS (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Rank the following subjects in terms of effort required or time required to get a mid band 6
- English Advanced
- Maths Ext 2
- Maths Ext 1
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Physics

YonOra

HSC
Rank the following subjects in terms of effort required or time required to get a mid band 6
- English Advanced
- Maths Ext 2
- Maths Ext 1
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Physics
I can't exactly speak on the sciences, although i know Biology takes A LOT of time to get through all the content - and memorising is a big thing. You also have to ask yourself what kind of mind/passions you have. A lot of my friends are doing those courses (-Bio), but have a great passion for Mathematics, so spend much less time on that (still manage to achieve great marks) and focus their energy on English, English and English.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
yea it depends on you as a student because subjects you're naturally good at will take less time and effort and you'd still get amazing results. for the same subjects, another student may need to put in more time and effort to produce the same outcome. but for the sake of answering your question, I'd say Maths ext 2, Maths ext 1, chemistry/biology, physics, English advanced (maths ext 2 taking the most effort/time, English advanced taking the least)

but honestly I'm not even convinced by the way I ranked these, it really depends on the student

idkkdi

HSC
- English Advanced
- Maths Ext 2
- Maths Ext 1
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Physics
if you're aiming for mid-band 6 in the sciences and English, the equivalent mx1/mx2 score you would aim for is usually high band 6's, 97+. Mid band 6 maths isn't that bad due to alignment, but in high band 6 maths there is basically no alignment and it gets pretty stupidly hard.

If you're aiming for high band 6's maths, time spent is stupid, especially if internals are hard.

jojosiwa123

HSC
I feel like this completely depends on your strengths, if you're better at humanities bio and english are a breeze compared to chem and ext maths

erucibon

HSC
N/A
-Ext 2 Maths
-Ext 1 Maths
-English
-Physics
-Bio
-Chemistry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)