Subjects for Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hello:

I am currently Year 11 and I have received my results back for my 1st and 2nd term exams/assignments (prelims are my last task).

I am currently doing;

- Mathematics Ext 1 (Avg 94%)
- Mathematics Adv (Avg 96%)
- English Adv ( Avg 92%)
- Economics (Avg 97%)
- IPT (Avg 98%)
- Physics (Avg 90%)
- Business Studies (Avg 88%)

For all my first exams I got 90+ish however I quickly lost interest for business studies due to the nature of the subject (memorising etc.) but I know that I can easily get 95+ with the subject.

I am planning to do;

- Mathematics Ext 2 and Ext 1
- Economics
- English Adv
- Physics

which is 10 units. I am seeking any advice if I should choose to do business studies or IPT with these subjects or if its best if I focus on 10 units. Im planning to go ahead and start studying the HSC course over the holidays to have a significant headstart. I appreciate any advice or thoughts.

Thanks once again.

idkkdi

HSC
Hello:

I am currently Year 11 and I have received my results back for my 1st and 2nd term exams/assignments (prelims are my last task).

I am currently doing;

- English Adv ( Avg 92%)
- Economics (Avg 97%)
- IPT (Avg 98%)
- Physics (Avg 90%)

For all my first exams I got 90+ish however I quickly lost interest for business studies due to the nature of the subject (memorising etc.) but I know that I can easily get 95+ with the subject.

I am planning to do;

- Economics
- English Adv
- Physics

which is 10 units. I am seeking any advice if I should choose to do business studies or IPT with these subjects or if its best if I focus on 10 units. Im planning to go ahead and start studying the HSC course over the holidays to have a significant headstart. I appreciate any advice or thoughts.

Thanks once again.
i reckon just go to 10.

Leadmen4y

HSC
drop if you're really going to commit, like not mess up even a single assessment in your 10 units, but keeping extra 2u is safe in case you bomb out one of your subs. but that doesn't usually happen to high achieving students like u, if you put in the time & be smart with how u use it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From my experience, it was much easier to score higher marks in IPT than in Business Studies.

Your current performance in IPT is really good. If you’re sure you want to go with 12 units, definitely keep IPT.

Alternatively, drop to 10 units. Your marks in your subjects don’t indicate a need for you to have a backup subject, meaning you have a high chance of performing well in year 12 with your 10 units.

#26MysteryMarker

HSC
Do 10 units, considering you're a good student. But if you DO decide to do 10, then stay diligent because you don't have a safety net anymore.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hello:

I am currently doing;

- English Adv ( Avg 92%)
- Economics (Avg 97%)
- IPT (Avg 98%)
- Physics (Avg 90%)

I am planning to do;

- Economics
- English Adv
- Physics

Thanks once again.
I'd just do 10 units if you're confident in all of your subjects (that's what I did), avoids the time wasted studying another subject (which scales lower than the ones you chose so you'd need like 95+ in business/IPT for it to even count)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
From my experience, it was much easier to score higher marks in IPT than in Business Studies.

Your current performance in IPT is really good. If you’re sure you want to go with 12 units, definitely keep IPT.

Alternatively, drop to 10 units. Your marks in your subjects don’t indicate a need for you to have a backup subject, meaning you have a high chance of performing well in year 12 with your 10 units.
Yeah that's what I am feeling. I know that I can definitely get the marks but I still have the fear of screwing up one assessment even if it is unlikely. On the contrary, those 10 units are the only subjects I enjoy the most so I feel like it might be better spent focusing on them rather than IPT or business which I don't have as much interest for.

From the responses here, I think I'll do 10 units and dedicate my full time to the HSC or either have IPT as a backup subject for the first term in Yr 12 and if I don't mess up in any other subjects, I'd drop it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah that's what I am feeling. I know that I can definitely get the marks but I still have the fear of screwing up one assessment even if it is unlikely. On the contrary, those 10 units are the only subjects I enjoy the most so I feel like it might be better spent focusing on them rather than IPT or business which I don't have as much interest for.

From the responses here, I think I'll do 10 units and dedicate my full time to the HSC or either have IPT as a backup subject for the first term in Yr 12 and if I don't mess up in any other subjects, I'd drop it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
That sounds good! All the best with year 12! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)