Suggestion: News Tracker (1 Viewer)

Wahlito

I think we should put onto the site some sort of news tracker, and whenever an article is published about the HSC or BoS or Universities then it should be added to this page with a link to the article and maybe a place for people to comment.

found this on some other site.. had a seperate forum called "press clippings" i think, and i kinda liked the idea.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Which hasn't been updated in months :D

Well, everything except the news bit has. But generally only confirmed news from BOS (the board that is) is published on the front page.

fatmuscle

HSC
well u should always visit the main page first

there's stuff you coul miss out on

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, like the Christmas theme we had going.

I only go to the main page once a month, when someone says something has changed. We 03ers don't even need the Board news any more, so there's even less incentive to go to the main page. :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
hey ian (et al), how about putting a mandatory page up which you have to click through to get to the forums? it can have links to the 'main' part of BOS, the forum disclaimer etc. people will complain about the extra click, but c'mon, it's not like it's a big effort

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
We 03ers don't even need the Board news any more, so there's even less incentive to go to the main page. :)
so thus change it for us 04ers :p
Originally posted by anti
hey ian (et al), how about putting a mandatory page up which you have to click through to get to the forums? it can have links to the 'main' part of BOS, the forum disclaimer etc. people will complain about the extra click, but c'mon, it's not like it's a big effort
i think you should use that page as the page for updates like on the main page (provided it is kep up-to-date ;))..as lexi said he only got to the main page once a month. i dont even go there, only when i need notes :p i have the main page of the forum bookmarked :rolleyes:

T

timbk2

we're gonna be keeping the news and updates sections up to date in 2004. Sorry 03'ers.. but we didnt have the time.

Theres no need for the extra page. If people want to see the news then they'll have to go to the main page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)