Sulfate composition within Fertiliser Prac (1 Viewer)

Ekman

HSC
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions regarding the sulfate content within fertilizer prac.

1.Is using quantitative filter paper making the experiment more accurate?

2.Is maximising the yield of barium sulfate precipitating out improving the accuracy?

3.I'm confused about the changes in temperature of the experiment. I understand that heating the solution with a hotplate can increase the solubility of the ions in solution. However what I'm confused about is why do we constantly increase and decrease the temperature to maximise the yield of BaSO4 solids. Basically I need just some clarification behind the mechanics of changing the temperature of the solution.

Thanks Guys!

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions regarding the sulfate content within fertilizer prac.

1.Is using quantitative filter paper making the experiment more accurate?

2.Is maximising the yield of barium sulfate precipitating out improving the accuracy?

3.I'm confused about the changes in temperature of the experiment. I understand that heating the solution with a hotplate can increase the solubility of the ions in solution. However what I'm confused about is why do we constantly increase and decrease the temperature to maximise the yield of BaSO4 solids. Basically I need just some clarification behind the mechanics of changing the temperature of the solution.

Thanks Guys!
Well answers to 1 and 2 should definitely be 'yes', but I'm not really sure about 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)