Summary notes (1 Viewer)

Do you prefer handwritten or typed summary notes?

• Handwritten

• Typed

Results are only viewable after voting.

DheerChoudhury

HSC
Hey everyone,

I am now technically Year 12 and was thinking about whether I should go forward with handwritten or typed summary notes. I had this same exact question before preliminary, ended up going handwritten. I had found that it was near impossible to catch up on missed days work. Yes, I am aware of the advantage of absorbing more when you handwrite it, however, I felt I didn't absorb it when I initially wrote it down, rather later when I went back and revised. I think I am leaning more towards typed just because this might be better in the long run, given Year 11.
What do y'all think?

DarkOperator618

HSC
there is literally research saying that you have better memory retention if you handwrite your notes instead of typing them. so for me i just handwrite all my notes and use my laptop for assignments and stuff

beetree1

HSC
^ ineffective if you want to add something you missed, or generally change anything to yourr notes meaning you will have to waste time rewriting the entire page. Plus, it is hard to find information when you are beginning to learn concepts.

Lazzzzzyyyyyy...

HSC
I'd go with typing notes (except for maths or any other similar subjects which require working out/numbers/symbols/drawn diagrams etc.). It'd be easy to ctrl+f and search for things and you could easily add/adjust to them. Before an exam, I've heard people would write out a condensed version of their notes, which are usually called 'exam notes', and would usually be 2-3 pages per topic, depending on the size of your topic.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Type them because an important thing is the first time you write them the notes are probably going to be very long and not really a high mark level. Then if it's typed you can make adjustments and shorten things if needed

Later on you can write stuff out if it helps you remember

Also, typing notes doesn't mean everything has to be typed like you could just write the calculation parts with pen and paper and just take a photo and put it on the document if that makes it faster

Everwinter

HSC
For me, I prefer typing the class notes and handwrite during the revision summary. Don't know if that will suit you

claudiflower

HSC
I planned to write for some subjects for year 12 because I can struggle with handwriting for long periods of time but I've ended up typing and I think for someone indecisive like me its best to just type and then change, add things and you can search keywords to get help from your past self :).

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
For me I don’t think I’ve ever written or typed notes on any subject in my life unless you count being forced to write stuff in class.

That’s just me. I never got the point of writing notes. I’ve always just gotten notes off the internet or if I can’t find any I just memorised straight out of the textbook. The way I see it is writing notes wastes valuable time that can be used to do challenging problems and understand the content (Especially for uni).

erucibon

HSC
N/A
For me I don’t think I’ve ever written or typed notes on any subject in my life unless you count being forced to write stuff in class.

That’s just me. I never got the point of writing notes. I’ve always just gotten notes off the internet or if I can’t find any I just memorised straight out of the textbook. The way I see it is writing notes wastes valuable time that can be used to do challenging problems and understand the content (Especially for uni).
That is my exact perspective in year 12

Greninja340

HSC

Same I always just get my notes off the internet or from tutoring and if I need to add anything in class I would just add the extra info in class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)