Summer courses @ UWS ? (1 Viewer)

niknik610

HSC
Has any1 undertaken a summer course at uws before? I know the enrolments aren't out until 3rd November 09, but just wondering who has done them before and what courses (law+bus) are usually offered??

tubtub

HSC
Has any1 undertaken a summer course at uws before? I know the enrolments aren't out until 3rd November 09, but just wondering who has done them before and what courses (law+bus) are usually offered??

i have done summer school before, done 2 in fact. heaps of ppl do summer school now. for the subjects i did, they went for 6 weeks, and i have classes twice a week so it was quite full on and intensive. it good it you wanna be ahead or make up for fails. most summer courses are at parramatta campus.

for business they have actually increased the number of courses in summer as they didnt offer much 3 years ago. usual courses offered are tax law, LOBO, ADR, mediation and other law subjects. some business courses such as accounting go on for the full 13 weeks and you start in early december, such as IFA, CAS. other courses offered include managing ppl at work, org behaviour. though the courses offered changes every year.

i reckon if you have the time and are able to be consistent with the workload, then it can be managable.

Last edited:

Lara1986

HSC
I have done law ones before.

Generally - ADR, Mediation, Intro to Bus Law and Tax Law (non law student) is offered each year.

From what lecturers have said, the others that are offered change year to year, sort of they take it in turns so to speak to do a summer unit.

Eg last year there was Human Rights Law, Immigration Law and some others.

Law students should have received a letter/email from Michael Adams some time ago which outlined the to be expected units available, so they seem to have these planned ahead of time.

If you want to know for law units, perhaps email the Law School and ask if there are any expected summer school units as yet :) They may be able to give you some (unconfirmed) information.

niknik610

HSC
Thanks tubtub & Lara1986 for the advice! i will email and ask them :))

By the way, what's LOBO and ADR ?

Lara1986

HSC
Thanks tubtub & Lara1986 for the advice! i will email and ask them :))

By the way, what's LOBO and ADR ?
ADR = Alternative Dispute Resolution. You need to do this before doing Mediation.

LOBO = (i think as i haven't done anything resembling this:)) Law of Business Organisations

tubtub

HSC
^ yeah it law of business organisations.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)