Summer School (1 Viewer)

mserica

HSC
Okay, I know its a little early to be talking about Summer School... but If i am going to do it, I need to know the info in advance, so i can, if needed take time off from work.

I have found out that I can do a subject in summer school and wanted to know a little more as to how it all works, i will only be doing one subject and was wondering, is it more difficult, more intense or is it more self paced/disciplined?

Will i need to take time off work as i know its not in the evenings?

Any Help would be appreciated...thanks...

havy

HSC
i think it's gonna be around $1550 for one unit, which has to be paid upfront (no HECS), and it'll occur like early jan to early feb...intensive 4-5 wks of study with 2-3 full days per wk.
some ppl say summer is easier to pass because the teaching staff are in holiday mood so they'll let u off.
but others say it's harder because u'll hav to cram 13wks of stuff in 4 wks.

HSC
I'll probly do two summer units

MKTG203 and MKTG202 (or STAT170) depends if i get my STAT170

i'll be applying as soon as applications are open...

I'll speed me up a semester plus it gets me more 300 level subjects to do next year.. so the sooner the better

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
hey i think redruM did BUSL250 during summer school, i think you should ask him about it dude

good luck with it

mserica

HSC
Thanks, I am actually looking at doing BUSL250... just not to sure how much time off work, it requires and if it is really intense, as I dont want to do it and then have to redo it a semester later.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Contact hours are different for each subject. For e.g. LAW subjects requires just 1 week of full days. Not sure about BUSL though.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
$1550 per unit!? AAAARRRRRRHHHHHH!...............real monsters.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
soo errmm... summer school has no night classes ay ?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
havy said:
i think it's gonna be around $1550 for one unit, which has to be paid upfront (no HECS), and it'll occur like early jan to early feb...intensive 4-5 wks of study with 2-3 full days per wk.
some ppl say summer is easier to pass because the teaching staff are in holiday mood so they'll let u off.
but others say it's harder because u'll hav to cram 13wks of stuff in 4 wks.
It only goes for 4 weeks? shit...thought it would be the same as uni.

mserica

HSC
Hopefully all will fall into place and i will be able to do it and pass... Just have to wait and see how it works out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)