Summer session? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey do you guys know if you enrol in subjects for summer session, if full fee is payed?

HSC
awesome, its a shame commerce doesnt offer that many summer session subjects :(

Pace_T

HSC
yeah i reckon. last time i checked, i only saw crappy qmb. who the hell wants to do that rubbish over the summer holidays!

HSC
err so i just read although its covered by CSP. you still end up paying more for (doing a summer course). it at the end when paying off your degree?

cause although its covered by CSP, i still dont wanna pay $2400 for a subject just for the convienience of doing it over summer

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Its hard to say, you should contact your Faculty's Student Office.

For Gen Eds though I can tell you the price is exactly the same as if you would've taken it during session.

purplemonkey

HSC
Does anyone know the link to search for units by Session of Offering? The handbook is hopeless...there is no easy way to search for just Summer Session classes... :(

Rekkusu

HSC
Depending upon what Faculty/Campus/Session, this link may be more suited to your needs:

http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2007/sessionSearch.html

Summer Session for 2008 will be available around 1 October 2007.
Session 1 for 2008 will be available around 1 December 2007.
Session 2 & Winter session 2008 will be available around early May next year - 2008.

ace

is retired
HSC
Casmira said:
err so i just read although its covered by CSP. you still end up paying more for (doing a summer course). it at the end when paying off your degree?

cause although its covered by CSP, i still dont wanna pay $2400 for a subject just for the convienience of doing it over summer
If your a CSP supported student, then it will be at the CSP price. There is no interchanging between CSP and full fee dependent on sessions.

Though due to the time value of money, doing a course earlier will yield a slightly more expensive course, at least as long as the interest cost is more than the cost of taking the course in the future :D

passion89

HSC
Pace_T said:
yeah i reckon. last time i checked, i only saw crappy qmb. who the hell wants to do that rubbish over the summer holidays!
Yeah what the hell's up with that.

What other commerce subjects do they offer?
It'd suck if they only have a few... that we've already done.

Rekkusu

HSC
Any course that you have Passed or Pass Conceded, or any other form of Pass Grade awarded under any circumstances cannot be retaken again.

You can only retake courses that you have failed. Summer courses tend to be very limited in the number of courses they offer, except for those which have high fail rates i.e. Fundamentals of Chemistry 1A and 1B as well as the Advanced form of 1st year Chemistry.

Gen Eds are the most common form of courses offered during Summer session.

Pace_T

HSC
i wanna do a gened dis summer youse guyz. wot one should i choose????
fanx

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I suggest an english/grammar course

Pace_T

HSC
you should consider becoming a comedian :rolleyes:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
My life of a recreational gambler is satisfying enough for the moment, but thanks for the suggestion

qwerty017044

HSC
wtf is with UNSW's lack of summer courses? there is usually only 1 or 2 courses offered from each faculty. For reference here is USYD math summer courses

http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/UG/common/SS/

Is anyone else pissed off by the 12week semester?

I mean, you're not learning anything for half the year, and they still want to make teaching period shorter. The extra time for work expereince mostly benefits cadets and coops. For everyone else, its better to use the time studying towards your degree , so that you earn money when you graduate rather than some shit job now.

Chris.

HSC
is there a credit point limit before u can do geneds? if i pass everything this semester ill only have completed 42units of credit.

leski

HSC
i heard that we could take summer course from other unis. is that true? do i have to enroll in other uni first, eg, uts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)