support (1 Viewer)

phuong14

HSC
well my friend is failing school and he is pretty depressed. its cause everyone has like uni plans and stuff, and he feels left behind and doesnt know what to do with his life. i tell him its not the end of the world, and theres like options like tafe. but he says that he doesnt want to go tafe with like 40 year olds. is tafe really that bad?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
well my friend is failing school and he is pretty depressed. its cause everyone has like uni plans and stuff, and he feels left behind and doesnt know what to do with his life. i tell him its not the end of the world, and theres like options like tafe. but he says that he doesnt want to go tafe with like 40 year olds. is tafe really that bad?
No tafe isn't bad. Tell him to stay positive :)

HSC
Uni Grad
TAFE courses can lead onto university as well. So if he goes there he could gain entry into university. :)

HSC
He may not even have to go to tafe to get into uni, he could always take a couple years break and do some apprenticeships until he finds something that he wants then enter uni as a mature age person.

Alternatively if he gets a low atar he can try and get through with the STAT test (that's my backup way into uni should my atar not be enough).

Not only that, some unis offer early entry which he could apply for (he will have to apply next year though) which focus more on a principal's recommendation and evaluation instead of the atar (here is an example: http://www.une.edu.au/for/future-students/earlyentry.php ). In the end if he makes up his mind and wants to go for uni, he can probably get in there without doing tafe. Also tafe isn't even that bad and can get you into uni - my brother did it for a while.

Oh and also if he wants to make some easy money in the future even though he doesn't have much qualifications he can always go into mining industry, have a look at this:
http://www.news.com.au/business/thousands-lured-by-hot-job-prospects/story-e6frfm1i-1226171329955

RANK 1

HSC
tell him to stop being little bitch and go find an alternative instead sitting there crying about it. ie pathways, apprenticeships, etc

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
your compassion is touching.
I wouldn't have put it in such terms myself, but he does have a point. There are many pathways to get to the same point.

CecilyMare

HSC
He could probably do arts for a year and then switch over? Idk. it's pretty easy to get 80+ by cramming even now lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)