Survey Posting Guidelines (PLEASE READ) (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

This forum is great for getting those extra surveys filled out, but I've noticed a few problems with the way some people are posting and asking for responses.

Here are a few suggestions for a successful thread containing a survey/questionnaire..

1. Be clear in the subject line about the survey topic. Some people may not wish to answer questions about "sensitive" topics and therefore can discriminate between threads easily.

2. Make your survey clear and easy to follow. It seems to be more useful to post up a blank copy of your survey rather than providing a word document, for example.

3. Give people an option to email/PM their reponses. This way, any information that they do not want others to see can be protected and more people are likely to answer your questions honestly and sensibly.

4. Use a survey site.
Online surveys are very popular as it all happens then and there, there is no formatting to worry about and it's simply a click of a button for the respondent. An example of a survey site is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/

5. FINALLY, and I think most importantly, POST A FINAL DATE FOR YOUR SURVEY TO BE ANSWERED. We will try to monitor these dates and close threads when the date is reached so people don't waste time filling in surveys that were for PIPs completed back in August. Then, if you require an extension you can post in the Contact Moderators thread and we will re-open it for a specified time.
Note: If you do not post a final date for your survey to be answered it may be closed after a period of time (eg: a month) so people don't waste time filling in old surveys.

Last edited by a moderator:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Re: Suggestion for creating threads with surveys..

That sounds brilliant!

Thanks mishka!

Yeh, i've noticed a few survey threads go unanswered because they didn't really put it up well.... tis a shame.

:)

istoria90

HSC
hay im roula..
im new..
haha i dnt reali get this man..
uhhh do u think u culd help me wid it??
i got a IRP questionnaire i wana put up..
its bout drugs and alcohol.....
uhhh do i giv u ma addy??
meh its istoria90@hotmail.com
xxx:shy:

lychnobity

HSC
What the hell is with all these Society & Culture people being lazy and attaching their surveys?? It's a bloody pain in the ass, for any potential survey posters, kindly just copy and paste your damned survey into your post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)