• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Survey 'Size zero' (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
What do you think about the "size zero" in the fashion industry?
Does the fashion industry have an influence on what you look like?
Do you strive to be a size zero? if so why? or why not?

Here express any feelings about the "size zero" in the fashion industry

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
size zero logically is a joke. I fail to see how the fashion industry wants to reduce women to 'size zero'. The women might as well not exist

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It does seem very stupid, but then again i know some girls who naturally are just very very small and need clothes that are Australian size 4 (american size 0). Its not as if the size shouldnt exist, people do need it, but it shouldnt be idolised. Does Australia even have a size 0?

HSC
Im not 100% sure, i was wondering how it all started its not a pleasing look. Although it is easier for the designers to work with one size only when creating garments because they dont need to measure because its all one shape? mm im not sure.

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
size zero logically is a joke. I fail to see how the fashion industry wants to reduce women to 'size zero'. The women might as well not exist
I don't think the fashion industry wants to reduce women to a 'size zero', at least not in Australia anyway. I have heard women who want to be a size 8 or even 6, but not a 4.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Survey 'Size zero'

The number 0-14 etc. is purely so that women don't feel bad about themselves.

Kind of like how the scale reads "xx kg" which is theoretically wrong as you measure your weight in Newtons which is x10 the xx kg you receive on your scale.

My opinion of size 0?

Ridiculous, atrocious.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
What do you think about the "size zero" in the fashion industry? it's abnormal
Does the fashion industry have an influence on what you look like? it obviously does, because there is a tendancy for what is 'in' to be in every shop so in my opinion you don't really have a choice.
Do you strive to be a size zero? if so why? or why not? no.. i'm actually smaller...

xJennax

HSC
I thought size 0 was size 6.....

What do you think about the "size zero" in the fashion industry? It's just how it is, the industry believes the clothes look better on a tall slim frame. It may not be the best but it's a hard thing to change.

Does the fashion industry have an influence on what you look like? Not really. I'm a size 8, 6 in some jeans but it's just how I am naturally, the fashion industry or anything else didn't influence it.

Do you strive to be a size zero? if so why? or why not? No people already say I'm too skinny. =/ Everyone insults skinny girls lol.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah guys size 0 is about a 6. I'm a size zero. That's just how I'm made.

And yeah in fashion it's just that tall, skinny women tend to make clothes look good. It's really hard to make them look fat, they have really long legs etc.
I think they're moving away from Kate Moss-skinny, though. I did like the BMI restrictions in fashion week in Madrid, because models can be slender without being unhealthy.

Fashion does influence how I look, but obviously I don't have the financial means to follow every trend. I've never thought "I want to look like her", it's more like "I love her style".

I don't have to strive to be a size zero, it's in my genes. I like to be healthy, though, so I eat well and go to the gym. I'm not obsessive about it, I just like the way I feel when I'm fit.

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Ah I wrote something about sizing and fashion once.

Well basically my opinion is this. We have vanity sizing and all that. Size 0 in stores often won't even really be a size 0 anyway. US Size 0 is an Australian Size 4. It's possible to be an AUS size 4 without health problems, if you have a small frame or slender build, etc so people should stop throwing size 0 and eating disorders together..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)