Survivor 9 - Vanuatu (1 Viewer)

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
I think its still men against women because all the women voted for sarge, plus chris voted for him, chad voted for julie and sarge voted for ami, i'm pretty sure

I'm sad....i really like sarge. he was sincere and nice. :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
its wierd... the two men who voted for the chicks didnt even vote for the same person...
and god chris is a tool....

HSC
Sarge was so stupid last ntie, giving away their whole plan for the top 4. I mean, what an idiot. It's sad that he left, but really, he was an idiot, although I wanted him to win. Everyone else annoys me - the woman are evil, Chad has no clue, and Chris - I think he's missing like several million brain cells.

nokie=)

HSC
chirs is terrible. in my head he still shouldn't even be there. remember that first challenge where he couldn't walk over the beam, and cost the men that challenge? i have a feeling twila might last, unless the women go after her next.

how u doin?

HSC
its got to the stage where they give absolutly no hint who's going to get voted off. like last night, where teh last conversation before they show tribal council they make you think that Twyla is going to join the guys, presumably with Eliza to vote off a chick.

It shits me that they decieve the viewers. DECEIVE!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
how u doin? said:
its got to the stage where they give absolutly no hint who's going to get voted off. like last night, where teh last conversation before they show tribal council they make you think that Twyla is going to join the guys, presumably with Eliza to vote off a chick.

It shits me that they decieve the viewers. DECEIVE!
Yes, I noticed that fact that the last footage they showed us before Tribal Council was from much earlier in the day, not letting us see them make up their minds latter on ...

HSC
they always have that little package to put hope into viewers that some1 else might be voted out

but it never happens

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
I missed last nights episode!!! Can anyone tell me what happened? Detail would be good... need to feel like I watched it lol.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i wished they had gotten eliza voted out
oh how sweet that would have been
now its is going to be all girls
if he doesn't win imunity next week
i will refuse to watch it if it is all girls

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
Beckiki_S said:
I missed last nights episode!!! Can anyone tell me what happened? Detail would be good... need to feel like I watched it lol.
twas a frustrating episode.

at the start, chris said to the ppl that he voted for sarge at the previous tribal council bc sarge told him to - he wass lying to stay in the game, prob an ok move to make.

the reward challenge was 4 vs 4, with eliza, chad, ami and chris winning a trip to another island to spend a night with locals. they had to take the pig from their camp as a gift. the other 4 sat around camp plotting to vote eliza off, scout leading the way. then the others got back to camp and everything was kinda dead.

at the immunity challege they had to do an endurance test by staying up a pole for the longest, with minimal places to rest your hands and feet. it came down to chad and twyla, but chad couldn't hold on anymore.

before tribal council there was a lot of flip-flopping with votes. it looked like the boys, scout and twyla might actually get something moving and vote off eliza, but then twyla became all indecisive about it. in the end, all 6 women voted for chad. when will these people learn that ami is playing them all like pawns!

hope that helps ;)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
chad got voted out...thats' the last likeable person [in my opinion anyway]. Im not watching it anymore...well not until the absolute last ep :mad:

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
don't be disheartened sarah, watch it for jeff...or am i the only one who thinks jeff probst is unnervingly sexy?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
one :he's not sexy
two: he's dead annoying

gah, im just bitter.

Althea

I liked last nights episode... primarily because I like the episodes where the Immunity Challenge requires endurance tests :). And I know Eliza is seriously annoying and seemingly oblivious that she is at the bottom of the female hierachy but isn't it enjoyable watching the girls absolutley destroying the guys :D (even if some of them are beyond annoying)? It means a girl is going to win :).... and anyway, I think that most of the guys were hardly smart cookies and deserved to be voted out - they were outsmarted. And I agree with you dead cactus, I think Jeff is super-sexy, even though he's older :).

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
IM a girl but I absolutely hate the girls in survivor. Scout is just ANNOYING...fuck she pisses me off...Eliza needs no introduction....Ami IS THE WORSE...the way she struts around camp and acts like she owns the place.... Bloody irritating....bring back chad, sarge etc. The women of survivor just suck...:mad:

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i agree sarah, i really liked chad, and sarge quite a bit too. i normally don't mind twyla but last night her BS indecision really jacked me off. so basically i'm not gonna stop watching, but man i'm gonna be frustrated for a while to come.

anyone else sick of everything being split along gender lines on these shows? surrvivor and the apprentice have both done it for a few seasons now and i;m sick of it, it just promotes the cliched old battle of the sexes and makes everything become somewhat predictable after a few weeks.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
dead cactus said:
i agree sarah, i really liked chad, and sarge quite a bit too. i normally don't mind twyla but last night her BS indecision really jacked me off. so basically i'm not gonna stop watching, but man i'm gonna be frustrated for a while to come.

anyone else sick of everything being split along gender lines on these shows? surrvivor and the apprentice have both done it for a few seasons now and i;m sick of it, it just promotes the cliched old battle of the sexes and makes everything become somewhat predictable after a few weeks.
the apprentice mixed up the teams last week...thumbs up to my fav show :D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Sarah168 said:
the apprentice mixed up the teams last week...thumbs up to my fav show :D
but in the apprentice, you can't vote people out so even if there is a gender division, it doesn't really matter.

On survivor, it's getting one sided. lol
I just hope i'll get some drama at the end when the men have to ask or comment on the final two for the million dollar

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
If you can be bothered - I wrote a big ass commentary on the lastest episode. I post these in my live journal, and this is probably the best way of sharing my thoughts on recent happenings:

THE ELEVENTH PERSON VOTED OUT OF SURVIVOR: CHAD!!!

Survivor Vanuatu has been a great season for me, alongside Marquesas and Pearl Islands as my favourite seasons. Although we know the men are all going to be going, Mark Burnett still manages to maintain tension - will Twila and Scout side with the guys so they can make it further in the game? Great editing stops this from being too predictable and maintains suspense. I've been watching since Australia, but bought a DVD of the first season, so I've practically seen all seasons. This is by far the most interesting. The women are dominating and if things go according to plan it will be an all female Final 6. I'm loving this girl power, and I must say the Fat Five deserve it after voting out their strongest players first. Stupid mistake and they're paying for it. Usually you wait until the merge before you vote those people out, after they've helped you with the numbers! No, they voted out all the buff guys, and as a result, the women overpowered them, they were outnumbered into the merge and the women are picking them off one by one. The men have made so many mistakes - including trusting Twila and Julie when the teams were still split. They should of kept John and got rid of Julie - but no. Then what happens? Rory out. Sarge out. Chad out. CHRIS, CHRIS, CHRIS. I wanted him to be the first out - after he screwed up that challenge with the balance beam. What a retard. They lost a LEAD, a LEAD on the women. They were in the LEAD - and one man screwed it up - and the voted out one of the strongest guys. Give me an R, give me an E, give me a T, give me an A, give me another R, give me a D, give me an S - what it spell? RETARDS!! So the guy I wanted out first, is the last MAN standing. How funny. Actually Rory and Sarge were my only favourite guys. Chad didnt add anything to the show - he was just there. No impression, people just knew him as the one legged guy. So I'm glad he's gone - he had opportunities to see what was wrong and he didnt fix them. With all the guys, its just missed opportunities this season. Not that I have anything against men, being a guy myself - I just think "Estrogen City" is a great force. From the merge, you could see the guys scurrying around and trying to startegize, while the women just laid back - and we heard the ever powerful Ami say - "I dont care which guy goes, just get rid of one of them". They knew they had control, and no matter how much dissention there is in the ranks - they are loyal.

The challenges last night were great - finally, some orginality, not the same recylced challenges. he first challenge saw one team member being the "sacrificial lamb" - tied up by the hands and fastened at the waste to a series of ropes - her team members threw her through an obstacle course - Eliza and Julie launched their bodies over planks of wood and scraped through the sand - it looked rather exhausting and extremely physical and the losing team looked utterly guttered after having been through all that for nothing. The second challenge was a great twist on the endurance challenge - they all climbed up on ladders - these were taken away - and they had to hold on to a totem pole. Most of them slowly slipped down the pole and fell off, meaning they were out. Other like Eliza stupidly fell off at a great height and almost injured herself, unfortunately she was okay. Twila won this challenge - good for her! Both challenges were enjoyable, and I hope the challenge creators keep working hard instead of resorting back to a game played just last season, as they tend to do.

I must say, I had a hard time pinpointing who this years mastermind is. I didnt think there was any until Ami showed her wrath when she got rid of Bubba with the blink of her evil eyes after she caught him communicating with Chris. I was on the lookout - was it Chris? Rory, maybe? Its always been a guy - Richard Hatch, Lex, Rob Mariano, Brian Hiedick, Rob C., Johnny Fairplay - so I finally found it out - and here it is in Ami. GAWD, I love this woman! She has so much control, and its great. I'm really hoping she wins, but the superpowers always seem to never make it with the exception of Richard Hatch and Brian Hiedick. You see, they either stuff up at the final challenge, or the Jury are just sore losers and can't hack they got beaten. Take All-Stars season for instance. Rob clearly should've been the winner. Everyone was stupid enough to be controlled by him, and he was a great player. Amber rode coat tails, and ended up winning, purely because she was the "lesser of two evils". I dont mind under the radar games - Sandra Diaz Twine is one of my all time favourites - she didnt care who she voted for, she was just always the extra vote for the majority to use, and she used that to the end. Amber was a good character, and I did like her in Australia, but she didnt deserve to win. Enough of that, back to Vanuatu. Yes, the power players - AMI is a great player and is clearly ruling this game, as all the masterminds have done before her. An all-woman final 4, that should be interesting. If Ami doesnt win, then Twila is my pick. She's just such a loveable character. I wouldn't mind Scout and Leanne rounding up the Final 4 - but Julie and Eliza should be the first 2 to go after Chris is gone. That is, if Chris goes next. The preview for next week worries me - looks like Chris does some effective stirring up, when he turns the girls against Twila and Scout. I hope not, because I would die if Twila and Scout go before Julie and Eliza. But, hopefully, as they have been doing, the girls stay true and we end up with an all female final 6.

Survivor has definitely got me hooked again - its an interesting dynamic - this battle of the sexes Vanuatu has become - and it is certainly adding some spice to a series that has been dragging on for a while. And its not even Mark Burnett's twists - its the sheer stupidity of the guys and the all powerful force of the former Yasur girls. Survivor still excites after 9 seasons. Can't wait till next week.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)