Swimming (1 Viewer)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Oh come on, there is not enough in here about Swimming... (or anywhere for that matter)

Sooo ... any swimmers here? ? ? ( *ish swimmer* )

Discuss Meet Results... Local and World Swimming Champs/cup
Aussie Dolphin teams... anything realted to swimming...

man... australia.. *shakes head* People say they are sooo proud about their swimmers.. but in-between games... we don't hear anything more than "Ian thorpe was spotted at David Jones Luanch wearing a white Versace Suit ? " Lol.. seriously.. and then the Footy.. everyone talks about the footy 24/7 COME ON.. SUPPORT OUR FREAKING SWIMMERS!!!!!!!!!

Ohh yeah, anyone read "Ian thorpe the Bio"?

Jaydels

HSC
Bunny04 said:
COME ON.. SUPPORT OUR FREAKING SWIMMERS!!!!!!!!!
GO AUSSIE SWIMMERS!

blah im not much of a fan of Ian Thorpe

i used to be a swimmer, but offline classes and yr 12 don't allow much time for training, so i had to quit :(

Last edited:

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
just hearing/reading ian thorpe's name makes my skin crawl. so glad he is not swimming this year. i hope he never returns to swimming. he is too focused on his fame and fortune now anyway

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Well no, he is trainning.. and trainning bloody hard... why judge someone just for the 'look' they give... granted he is the bloody best swimmer of freestyle middle distance there is.. .and ever has been. He is the best so we want him back in the comps. (he still trains everyday ^_^ )

Cab31

HSC
angelduck said:
meh, i still dislike the guy, would rather watch someone like Grant Hackett, or the 3 girls - Libby Lenton, Alice Mills, Jodie Henry
What about Leisel Jones? She has done a hell of a lot more than what Libby or Alice have done - and she is a medalist across two olypics and two world championships - which is more than Jodie. And she is younger than Jodie and Libby!! She is still only 19!! Phenomenal athlete! I'd prefer to watch her over the other 3 anyday. At least what you see is what you get - she is the same person in interviews as she is in everyday life. Grant HAckett is awsome too - i love seeing him swim!

nuclear chick

HSC
Personally, I dont really like Liesl Jones, especially when she was upset after winning a silver medal at the Olympics, I'm a swimmer, and I'd love an Olympic medal or even the opportunity to compete.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Ian Thorpe is a fucking fayg.

That said, he does train hard and I respect him for that.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
yeah, come on, i mean, the girl one 2 individual medals @ athens, and was basically throwin a 2yr oolds tantrum on the podeum, didnt smile, didnt look happy, was sulkin - U WON A MEDAL FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR COUNTRY - BE HAPPY DAMMIT!!

And for that reason, i prefer swimmers (such as those mentioned above) who are just happy to compete, and dont have to be the best to be happy

Cab31

HSC
At least with Leisel what you see is what you get. Dont think for a minute that everyone mentioned above is actually like what they come across as on TV. keep in mind that when you are at that level, and you won a silver four years before and you are the world record holder, a gold medal seems like the most important thing in the world. I am sure leisel was happy that she won a medal, but the disapointment in herself for not meeting public expectation would have been overwelming.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
she still didnt have to act like a child who didnt get a lollipop!

And Cab, how do u know all those ppl arent like htat? they might well be, but i dont really care what they're like off-tv, coz i dont watch them or see them then now do i. I want to watch someone whoi "appears" to be happy

Jaydels

HSC
Cab31 said:
I am sure leisel was happy that she won a medal, but the disapointment in herself for not meeting public expectation would have been overwelming.
Only a bad sport cries because they don't win. At her first olympics she was fifteen years old and cried because she only got silver. Maybe she did feel a lot of pressure to win gold last time, but obviously someone else was better prepared and swam a better race than she did. And what kind of message does this send to young athletes?

Cab31

HSC
angelduck said:
she still didnt have to act like a child who didnt get a lollipop!

And Cab, how do u know all those ppl arent like htat? they might well be, but i dont really care what they're like off-tv, coz i dont watch them or see them then now do i. I want to watch someone whoi "appears" to be happy
I happen to know all these people. I know what they are like in real life and i know that leisel is a really great person who is very misunderstood by the public.
I think that i would prefer to see someone being themselves than just putting on an act for the camera.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Jaydels said:
Only a bad sport cries because they don't win. At her first olympics she was fifteen years old and cried because she only got silver. Maybe she did feel a lot of pressure to win gold last time, but obviously someone else was better prepared and swam a better race than she did. And what kind of message does this send to young athletes?
Get gold, your a hero, anything else, your a failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)