Sydney Festival 2010 (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
Sydney Festival 2010 - About

In just two years Festival First Night has become a Sydney tradition! In 2010, the story continues with visionary director Nigel Jamieson creating an epic theatre of music, spectacle and surprise in our city centre.

Hyde Park is transformed into a spice garden, a feast of sumptuous delights. In the afternoon, families can learn to juggle, dance or hula, watch daredevil performances at the outdoor circus or sit back and enjoy family-friendly music from Kasey Chambers, Poppa Bill and The Little Hillbillies. As dusk falls, a magical world comes alive in the park’s avenue of trees and 43 Rajasthani musicians take the stage for a preview of the lush visual and musical celebration, The Manganiyar Seduction.

The Qantas Domain Concert opens with an inspirational message of hope and understanding from Indigenous supergroup The Black Arm Band. Their show Hidden Republic features a line-up of 25 songwriters and musicians including Jimmy Little, Archie Roach, Ruby Hunter and Dan Sultan, accompanied by a full orchestra. Then legendary soul and gospel singer Al Green takes the stage in his first ever Australian performance. Green made the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with hits like ‘Let’s Stay Together’ and ‘Take Me to the River’ and is sure to be spreading the L-O-V-E.

Down in Martin Place Big Bad Voodoo Daddy head a line-up to get you swinging, while at Chifley Square Uber Lingua’s global urban sounds play across a cluster of stages.
al green for first night! fucking excellent.

as for throughout the festival:
- A.R. Rahman
- Neko Case
- Grizzly Bear
- Patrick Watson
- Dirty Three & Laughing Clowns (!)
- The Books
- The Middle East
- Severed Heads (!)
- The Very Best
- Radioclit
- Camera Obscura
- The Mess Hall
- John Cale (!)

obviously not all the artists, but i listed those people might be most interested in
Sydney Festival 2010 - Music

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
laura marling is doing a show too. pretty excited for grizzly bear, someone told me jens lekman is supporting

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
John Cale John Cale John Cale John Cale John Cale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aimhigh10

HSC
i like this lineup :)
and its during holidays toooo (Y)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A

politik

HSC
laura marling is doing a show too. pretty excited for grizzly bear, someone told me jens lekman is supporting
That *could* be true, he does live here. At the moment he's just playing weddings though.

I'm mostly excited about seeing Grizzly Bear, Camera Obscura (with the amazing Slow Club), and The Books. I don't have enough money to buy all of these on Monday, so I'll just buy a ticket to GB in the Recital Hall and I'll hope the others don't sell out soon.

johony

HSC
That *could* be true, he does live here. At the moment he's just playing weddings though.

I'm mostly excited about seeing Grizzly Bear, Camera Obscura (with the amazing Slow Club), and The Books. I don't have enough money to buy all of these on Monday, so I'll just buy a ticket to GB in the Recital Hall and I'll hope the others don't sell out soon.
lol totally didn't know jens lekman lived in melbourne/sydney. checked his blog and he did a backyard show in the inner west last month :mad1:

grizzly bear should be awesome in the recital hall. def going to be checking out laughing clowns/dirty three since i missed out at ATP last time, probs cale and severed heads too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)