Sydney Uni Liberal Club's Official Publication: Libertas! (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
You can find it here. Right click, then "Save link/target as...".

Enjoy!
Is it a good thing that the president's fav political person is Senator Fielding?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
I see alot of nice white, clean cut people who admire Menzies lifelong dream to become a true Brit.
Would I wrong if I said Tom Watson attended an exclusive Sydney private school? Same for Duncan McKay and Simon Fontana?

I'm just guessing.

Why is the V in violence capitalised in Tom Waton's dittie about conservatism and individual freedom. (What the heck do they have to do with eachother?)

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Malfoy said:
Downloaded it; it's awesome... Loved the snarky reference to 'our' Mary - why is she considered important outside gossip magazines, again?

And Flying Spaghetti Monster? WIN! Same goes for the affirmative action article. Although the fact your president admires Stephen Fielding scares me, quite a lot.

But seriously, how does one become a contributor to this publication?
Email an article to me and I'll try to include it in the planned semester 2 edition.

And on Tom, no comment. He has his own opinions, and they're not necessarily shared by the rest of the club.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
I see alot of nice white, clean cut people who admire Menzies lifelong dream to become a true Brit.
Would I wrong if I said Tom Watson attended an exclusive Sydney private school? Same for Duncan McKay and Simon Fontana?

I'm just guessing.

Why is the V in violence capitalised in Tom Waton's dittie about conservatism and individual freedom. (What the heck do they have to do with eachother?)
A number of them (possibly all three) were Trinity as far as I can remember from a guy in SUTEKH who went there.

Also what is the deal with the what is liberalism thing when the presidents opening remarks concern conservativism.

Another minor point, is that I read the childcare thing as implying it is the mothers responsibility to raise the child rather then a shared one. A few other people probably will as well.

Last edited:

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Justin - in the article on AA, it says the President of the Union last year was a woman. Last time I checked, Sam Crosby was a male... Also, last year's SRC Vice-President, David Cubbin, is reported as being a woman. I'm not sure whether the author was deliberately misreporting, in order to support his case.

I'd be interested in knowing when a woman was last President of the Union.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think he means in the year that the motion was first proposed, not the year it was actually passed.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Xayma said:
A number of them (possibly all three) were Trinity as far as I can remember from a guy in SUTEKH who went there.

Also what is the deal with the what is liberalism thing when the presidents opening remarks concern conservativism.

Another minor point, is that I read the childcare thing as implying it is the mothers responsibility to raise the child rather then a shared one. A few other people probably will as well.
Simon and Tom are ex-Trinity, I think Duncan's from somewhere else though.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
How many from labor are exactly the same? :/
It's not about sameness. It's more about being about to pick them by the way they look. Boys from exclusive private schools have a certain look.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yikes! other than that tho, she's hawt :eek:
She has an L necklace. How cute. I can imagine just how low maintenance she is.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea, It looks expensive.
Her favourite political figure being a woman that gave birth to someone important is kinda worrying (re: crazy mum) :/

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
"This would be true if women spontaneously gave birth to children without having sex and going through nine months pregnancy first, but the fact of the matter is that they do. Every single mother who wants to attend university chose to engage in an act which could conceive a child (often without adequate protection), then chose to carry on with the pregnancy, and finally chose to keep the child rather than putting it up for adoption."

DIE FASCIST SCUM.

Despicable mothers out there, have an abortion already.

Oh shit, the Libs are anti-abortion. Abstinence = the way of the future !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)