Taboo Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

anthony-yo

HSC
I was talking to my teacher and she told me that there a certain things that are considered taboo for creative writing i.e. rape. What would be some other things you can't talk about without being called up by your school counsellor?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I don't think they are taboo as it is fictional creative writing.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Yeah, creative writing. How can you write a adoptable creative writing? I really struggle with this part of the paper?

Tasteless

HSC
if you write it like a risk/weirdo you'll be treated like such
if you write about it normally / maturely chances are it wont be an issue at all

my mate wrote his hsc creative about suicide and his last line was something about being a "pretty red splat on the pavement", lol (wasnt questioned but you're more likely when it's internal)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Nothing is taboo. It's just that 17yr olds often don't have the insight to write about such important issues with appropriate insight and sensitivity and they end up coming across as over dramatised and/or whiney which leads to bad marks.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
We were explicitly told not to go into sexual activity beyond brief descriptions of kissing, no self-harm/suicide and no eating disorders, depression, anxiety, PTSD, schizophrenia, etc because it's too explicit and can be excessively dramatic. But my school is a pretty conservative catholic school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)