tafe/diploma or arts at UWS/UND (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
so ideally i would like to end up in a media course (in either USYD/UTS/UNSW) after next year, but for the time being due to my low ATAR i will have do something which will allow me to enter these courses the year after.

i was set on going to uni full time next year, but i'm having a few doubts on transferring out of these courses to 'better' universities at the end of next year.

so here are my choices:
- study arts at Notre Dame or perhaps UWS, with communications/media units, maintain a high GPA and hope i can transfer the year after.
- study communications/media courses at TAFE or a private college, gain a diploma; perhaps do relevant work part-time whilst undertaking these courses and apply for aforementioned universities with perhaps a diploma and work experience in hand the year after or later.

which would be the better choice?

HSC
Late response, maybe this is irrelevant now. That said, I think the first option sounds the best (most hassle-free) if you are definitely interested in taking a course at UNSW/USYD/UTS. Nothing would stop you from trying to get relevant part-time work in addition anyway, since you won't have many contact hours.

Of course, if you haven't already done so, perhaps you should call the relevant offices at the respective universities enquiring about the best course of action.

johony

HSC
alright sweet thanks, i've been meaning to contact these universities as well but have been a bit lazy since my main priority is to be somewhere next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)