Tainted academic record? (1 Viewer)

vngu2547

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I transferred from comm/eng at UNSW to arts at USyd. Although I don't regret moving, I fear that my academic record has been marred since I decided not to finish the semester, resulting in absent failure. Now I know it is some years off, but I intend to do a post-graduate degree. Supposing that I will have to apply through the UAC (at the moment only some post-grads have to go through here), and even if I apply direct to the uni, will I have to divulge my absent fails even though it has no bearing in my field? Also, does the UAC keep records of student study or do they just request it from the universities once the student give their details? Haha, yes, if I can I will keep hush hush about this.

Martin.

vngu2547

HSC
N/A
I though that academic transcripts were offered by the university and only listed the subjects you did as part of your program. Perhaps I'm mistaken?

vngu2547

HSC
N/A
Damn! Scratch that, other universities aren't part of the amalgamated colleges. I'm hoping that all I need to show is my academic transcript for USyd. Fingers crossed.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Interesting transfer. I'm in Comm/Eng USYD myself (Hons year).

Anyway, you will get credit for what you want credited (upon attaching your UNSW transcript to a credit application). If you did a couple of engineering courses and then failed them, then went to Arts, they won't be included in your USYD transcript since you don't need them for Arts.

You'll still pay for the course, it just doesn't count towards anything/you've wasted time (and money).

Good luck with the transfer. I came from UNSW myself.

Last edited:

vngu2547

HSC
N/A
Thanks Huy, it really puts my mind at ease. I guess I'll see you in 'usyd vs unsw' forums! haha. At first I thought UNSW, but now definitely USyd (sandstone buildings, large lawns and Newtown ftw!)

Martin.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You can't take failed subjects for credit anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)