Taking Exam Day off (1 Viewer)

xMaNx

HSC
If you take a day off and have an exam on, but also have a Dr. Cert with you, because you are sick, will the school let you do it later or will they give you 0?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If this is internal, you'll probably get away with it. Depending on how much of a bastard your school people are, they may attempt to chase it up if they believe it to be fraudulent.

If you mean HSC exam, then no, I sincerely doubt you'll get away with it.

xMaNx

HSC
If this is internal, you'll probably get away with it. Depending on how much of a bastard your school people are, they may attempt to chase it up if they believe it to be fraudulent.

If you mean HSC exam, then no, I sincerely doubt you'll get away with it.
It's for internal.

So long as it isn't for the sole intention of garnering an advantage.
Nope, I've been sick for 4 days straight :(

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
You should ring the school to advise them. If the illness is enough to mean that you really can't do the exam, give them the medical certificate and they'll organise a substitute assessment. Similarly in the HSC you would lodge an Illness/Misadventure Appeal.

dp624

HSC
I'm sure the school would let you take out an illness and misadventure claim. if not, that'd be highly unfair

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your school should have given you a copy of their assessment policy which would cover this situation.

My school actually makes every student sign for theirs in every year from Year 7.

If you have a policy read it as it will tell you the school's policy and if you haven't got a copy ask for it (the BOS does expect all students to have that information).

Kralex

HSC
If you're okay enough to be on the computer asking this then you're okay enough to do an exam..

Do the exam and also present your doctor certificate to show that you were unwell during the examination. They'll adjust your mark if its below your usual capabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)