technique (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
thansk guys!
anyone know this? “no man can be a good judge of the comfort a woman feels in the society of one of her own sex.''

HSC
N/A
Hey would help if some of you could help me with this particular question for english “Do you think Macbeth is responsible for bringing about his own destruction?”. I agree with the question. Needed help with some quotes and techniques to back my analysis up, thanks.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
nigerianprince said:
Hey would help if some of you could help me with this particular question for english “Do you think Macbeth is responsible for bringing about his own destruction?”. I agree with the question. Needed help with some quotes and techniques to back my analysis up, thanks.
In terms of quotes, you may use the following to support the view that Macbeth is responsible for his destruction:
  • "My thought, whose murder yet is but fantastical"
  • "I have given suck, and know How tender ’tis to love the babe that milks me: I would, while it was smiling in my face, Have pluck’d my nipple from his boneless gums, And dash’d the brains out, had I so sworn as you Have done to this"
  • "Is this a dagger which I see before me, / The handle toward my hand?..."
In terms of techniques, and with respect to the third quote, a soliloquy applies. I will add that because soliloquies allow the audience to know what a character is thinking or feeling, a soliloquy often creates dramatic irony, as the audience is made aware of thoughts and events that the other characters in the play are not.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)