HSC
Is this anadiplosis?

"what I have invaded has invaded me"

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering the following definition for an anadiplosis:

A device in which the last word or phrase of one clause, sentence, or line is repeated at the beginning of the next.

I don't think this quote is an anadiplosis because while the word "invaded" is mentioned twice, the first "invaded" is mentioned towards the middle of the sentence (instead of its end). In addition, the second "invaded" isn't part of a new sentence, line or clause. Instead, it is part of the same sentence. This is why I don't think this quote is an anadiplosis.

I hope this helps! 😄

icycledough

HSC
Well I can't say that I've heard of anadiplosis before ... it's like people come up with new techniques every day just for the sake of sounding fancy (like here, wouldn't it be suffice to say repetition instead of anadiplosis, unless it actually does have its own effect) ... just saying, not trying to offend anyone here :)

zizi2003_

HSC
Is this anadiplosis?

"what I have invaded has invaded me"
You could also say metaphor because the persona claims to have been 'invaded' [by a place I'm assuming?]

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think symbolism may also be a possible option, since the speaker "being invaded" might be referring to/representing/conveying a more complex idea, depending on what the actual text is about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)