Technology advances / evolutionary relationships (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Analyse how advances in technology have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships.

I know I shouldn't have left a long question like this till the night before... I know I can write about DNA sequencing/hybridisation. Does anyone know what other specific advances I should research?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
elisabeth said:
Analyse how advances in technology have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships.

I know I shouldn't have left a long question like this till the night before... I know I can write about DNA sequencing/hybridisation. Does anyone know what other specific advances I should research?
i knoe this is abit late, but u can talk abt things like u can code the dna sequences and compare that in order to see how close one species is to an other ... eg, chimp / human have their dna sequences 99.97% alike...

elisabeth

HSC
Well, it's a bit late now but thank you for replying all the same =) That's pretty much what I wrote about, it was no doubt very crap, but at least it's done.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
DNA karyotype analysis (as above).

It's good to reply to these threads if someone else has the same problem :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Basically technological advances which can include karyotype analysis, dna sequencing, dna-dna hybridisation, comparisons of haemoglobins etc have shifted evidence for evolution from the use of anatomic structures of organisms to their genes and present molecules. In some cases the two pieces of evidence complement each other, other times they disagree. New evidence from technological advances have changed ideas about evolutionary relationships and classification. For example, based on anatomy, the great apes of africa and asian apes were in the same family, with humans in their own separate family. Using technological advances, humans and african apes are now in the same family "hominidae" with asian apes being placed in their own separate family

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
elisabeth said:

is this out of personal interest? you only really need to know 2 but dnahybridisation shud be enough

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its weird this almsot exact dotpoint is in the human story option...except in human story there are about 5 advances you need to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)