Tell me about UTS! (1 Viewer)

sypher

HSC
UTS:

- Tower building is fucken ugly. Fortunately, I don't think I'll ever have any classes there for any of my future subjects (biz/law).

- The new science building is shaping out to be very nice and modern (well, from what I've seen of my eco/acct lectures in 02 room)

- Markets campus is very modern and cosy. And it has trees (shock). Argubly the best area/campus of UTS.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
sypher said:
UTS:

- The new science building is shaping out to be very nice and modern (well, from what I've seen of my eco/acct lectures in 02 room)

I'm glad you like that lecture theatre because it hasn't even been renovated yet as part of the building :p. It's been like that for years now. It's supposed to get renovated soon but they haven't done much yet.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
There's heaps of parks around the city if people want grass. :p Although you'd have to walk a bit to get there.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
what are u people cows?? why does everyone want grass ?what are u gonna graze on it? seriously who cares about grass, the more urbanised the area is , the better i feel

m1nx

HSC
SashatheMan said:
what are u people cows?? why does everyone want grass ?what are u gonna graze on it? seriously who cares about grass, the more urbanised the area is , the better i feel

LMFAO that is seriously the best comeback i've heard bout uni campuses - never thought bout it that way, changed my perspective completely!

as far as the topic goes, UTS ain't too shabby. i'd always wanted to go to sydney because its campus is pretty damn good looking until the degree aspect of it became somewhat of an issue. however, as i landed a spot in the IT faculty, i can at least say the same thing: building 10 is the hottest building in UTS fosure. who can beat the glass walls and timber floors and the random color coded kitchens you stumble into along the corridors?

in other non-education based assessments (with the grand total of a week under my belt haha), campus life, meeting friends & basically just chilling is made a little more interesting with its central location - everything you really need is just a few steps away (i.e. gloria jeans, food, shopping, restaurants etc)

maka

HSC
yeah uts is pretty good.
the buildings might be pretty ugly but what ive noticed the atmosphere and the people are really cool.
The markets bar always seems to be buzzing with people playing pool, arcade games or just chilling and chatting.
the tuts all seem quite friendly.
there is a good mix of ppl around uts nationality wise.
location is awesome, right next to central.
the uni seems to be very practical and not archaic trying to uphold traditions........ very progressive.

All in all......... Im pretty happy with how uts is going so far.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
another great thing is going on the lift in the main building. it gives u a little rush when it stops yes ;)

Jinglebell

HSC
SashatheMan said:
another great thing is going on the lift in the main building. it gives u a little rush when it stops yes ;)
But I seriously don't recommend it on a full stomach. It very nearly ended messily:p

smallcattle

HSC
one thing i noticed from the past 2 weeks of UTS... no one marks the roll???? not in lecture, not in Labs.. not even in Tuts... attandence is not necessary??

Last edited:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Well of course they're not going to do it in lectures that would take about an hour.
As for tutes it differs by subject, the course outline should specify.

HSC
And... what I see as the best thing about UTS... in general, the guys are hotter...

Seriously, USYD has the ugliest guys. I was stuck in some business/eco introductory lecture and I didn't see a single hot guy. What a waste of 2 hours.

BTW Social Inquiry's cool, so dont bag it out.

HSC
UTS!!!
Should've been pretty obvious with my first post.

My friend dragged me along to the boring, boring talk. And the librarian woman kept trying to make people stand up.

"Stand up if you dont know that Sydney University has 419 libraries spread out over our huge, grassy campus..."

smallcattle

HSC
whiterabbit said:
UTS!!!
Should've been pretty obvious with my first post.

My friend dragged me along to the boring, boring talk. And the librarian woman kept trying to make people stand up.

"Stand up if you dont know that Sydney University has 419 libraries spread out over our huge, grassy campus..."
419 libraries??? is that 4 real??

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
you guys are in the UTS hood, so noone speak of the Usyd. If you do the UTS posse will pop a cap in yuor behind

monzi

HSC
There is very very good looking males in Business and Law.. UTS is full of them! =)

Yeah its a nice uni, close to the station which is really good. Who cares if theres no grass, we arnt sheep or cows. I dont think anybody even has time to 'sit on grass' if you want grass go find a park.

devillian

HSC
UTS is da best~~
their design archieture and building faculty (especially design) is the best in nsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)