text 7: the town where time stood still (1 Viewer)

let.me.die

HSC
i was thinking about choosing this text for my upcoming essay assessment. but i was wondering what kind of techniques to mention. the only things we've mentioned in class were that it had a didactic tone as well as using sophisticated and formal language.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Another one is juxtaposition, eg: "external geography... internal psychology".

And it's also high in modality.

I'm also using this text as my main focus. Having a bit of problem making it long, since the text is so short so not much to analyse. But it's a really great text, so =D Good luck.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
"external geography... internal psychology" implies that the physical journey needs to include an inner journey. That is a very good point to make in your essay. My teacher patted me on the back for identifying that from the text. :)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
--> also good to mention the imagery and atmosphere it evokes
--> when the words are read, there is an air of calm and peace --> so consider the deliberate syntax to create a steady pace, therefore creating such a pleasantly quiet mood.

doradiamond

HSC
hey guys, i did that text last year for hsc in the stimulus booklet so if u want i can offer semi-detailed explanation? afraid one of you will have to post up the text again though cos i kinda set mine on fire with the conclusion of the hsc...

Archomi

HSC
I actualy have a assessment on this friday and im suppose to write an essay on two texts, one is my core text that im studied in class and the second one i choose it myself...well I've decided to use the text "The Town Where Time Stood Still" but the problem is i have no clue what its talking about, so i was just wandering who could generours and post up an anlyse of his text :) ' A')~ :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)