Textbooks (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'm doing a bridging course for Chemistry on the 9th, and the information pack says that I should acquire a copy of Chemistry and Chemical Reactivity by Kotz and Treichel.

I know that this is also needed for Introductory Chemistry 1, so I'm definitely going to buy it, but my problem is that I don't know where!

Would the University bookshop sell it cheaply, or would it be overpriced? I can get it on Amazon for $134 :)() but I want to know if there are any other options.

Thanks! :)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
the bookshop at the uni or the Co-op bookshop in Newcastle (near david jones) would be your best bets, you would probably get it a lot cheaper than $134 there

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
check the union classifieds on the web, noticeboards around campus or the 2nd hand bookshop (by the way, can someone tell me roughly where that is, like what building it is on the map..thanks!)

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
I can't give you a definate area on the map, but I believe it's on the level below the eating area. maybe even below the bar there. Not terribly hard to find, i don't think. :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh, so its in the hunter building?? (i think thats what its called, has huxley library, griffith duncan theatre, the huge eatery, all that)

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
That's the one. Walk outside down the steps on the eastern side (near the hairdressers :p), and turn right. It's down along the bottom there. :D

As you can probably tell, i've only been to the uni a couple of times when i've been in Newie... :rolleyes:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha, im a novacastrian and ive only ever been there once and it wasnt really exploring, it was following a uni student around

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
no, 2nd hand bookshop is on the bottom floor of shortland union building, under the brennan room / tanner bar

(see attatched floor plan) btw these floor plans are all from the student diaries we get :)

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
You mean like stalking them? 0_o

:p

I don't know if and when i'll buy my textbooks. I want to transfer from IT to science, and so there's not much point in spending a few hundred on books i'll never use. I'm going to have to wait.
So, hopefully i'll get that sorted out quick enough, and I can still get cheap books! :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
evilc, which is the 2nd hand one? the united campus books, or books n bytes?

great_gregory, it wasnt stalking them so much...well it was for the unilink program, the volunteered (I have a feeling they got payed) to have someone interested in their degree to follow them to their classes and just see a day in the life of a uni student

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
2nd hand one is in united campus bookshops i think...but it could be books and bytes, its been a while since i have been to the uni so i cant really remember

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, thanks, it shouldnt be too hard to figure out ;)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I just found out from my old student diary that the second hand bookshop is in fact Books & bytes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)