textbooks? (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Does anyone know when we are supposed to purchase them? Do we order online at the co-op bookshop or do we get given a text list during O-week and stand in waiting queues?

Generator

HSC
N/A
You don't need to buy anything, apart from certain course books created by the individual courses.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
You don't need to buy anything, apart from certain course books created by the individual courses.
do u get those course books during O-week?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hehe You still have to pay, it's just that these books are either sold at the Copy Centre (almost everything) or the Kopy Stop (mostly Mathematics)... The former is a bastard, but with pre-ordering over the net it's much quicker, while the second is annoying due to the fact that it's down near UTS.

Ezmay

I am so confused by this! So when are people going to get their text books? O-week?

What about you Mambomeg, you're doing the same course? I hope you know what's doing so you can just tell me what the hell I'm supposed to be doing!

Also Mambomeg, are you going to the broadway thing on the monday?

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
Ultimate check out the linksto the different schools aka Physics, Chem. etc. on the Science faculty page. My friend said there should be a PDF file with the textbooks needed. Problem is.....the last time I checked the Mathematics link didn't work:mad:

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lappang
Problem is.....the last time I checked the Mathematics link didn't work:mad:
Ok the Mathematics link works now so ignore the above

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Originally posted by Ezmay
I am so confused by this! So when are people going to get their text books? O-week?

What about you Mambomeg, you're doing the same course? I hope you know what's doing so you can just tell me what the hell I'm supposed to be doing!

Also Mambomeg, are you going to the broadway thing on the monday?
Hey! Ezmay, you're back! Hope your holiday was good. Sorry to bust your bubble but I havent got a clue about anything! I was told not to buy textbooks until the lectures start coz then I'll find out what I really need. i looked in the handbook and there are big lists for all my subjects! eek!

I didnt get an invite or anything for the broadway thing, but I guess I'll go anyway (unless that makes me a gatecrasher). NE way, we have the big welcome thing on Wednesday, I think then I'll do all the stalls and library stuff on Thursday and go to Camden on Friday. Thats the plan. How bout U? U moved into your college yet? It'll be easier for you coz U R right there, wheras I have to travel to get there. Are you doing the slumber party thing? I might, I havent decided yet.

NE way, i guess I'll meet you soon (no doubt they'll make us wear name tags or something)
Your fellow Buddy in cluelessness!
: :) :) :) :)

Ezmay

Hey Megan,

Nah I don't move into college until the tuesday of o-week, I can't wait!

Did you get that C.D thing the uni sent out? I read it yesterday and somewhere it said not to buy your text books until your lectures start as well.

I was actually going to cruise around the stalls and stuff on the wednesday so that I could go to the faculty welcome on the thursday and then camden on Fri.

I don't think that I will go to the sleep over thing, - but then again I don't really know, you never know what might happen! I am pretty keen on the comedy night thing though! Anyhow I'm sure I'll work everything out!

So how long exactly does it take you to travel to USYD? It is going to be a real pain in the arse for you. I feel so lucky to be in college!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Hey Ezmay, we might as well turn this into the Megan and ezmay thread!
Yeah, I wasnt sure what day the faculty welcome thing was, so yeah, that sounds like a plan. Whens the comedy night? I really should read the schedule thing. Where are you staying on the Monday of O week if you're going to the Broadway thing?

With my travel time, its supposed to Be 40 mins from Pennant Hills (My station) to the city, but in Peak hour, its longer than that, and its about a 20 minute drive (in peakhour traffic) from my house to the station. I applied for cheapo accomodation but didnt get accepted. Bummer. Hopefully in a few years I can move out into an appartment with friends! fingers crossed.

Juliette

1. DONT BUY TEXTS UNTIL LECTURES START
Often they have two lists: the 'must haves' and the 'theorectically we'd like you to have' - if you are on a uni student budget it is best to wait until the lecturer for each particular subject specifies.

2. WHICH TEXTS?
Generally all the books recommended for each subject will be listed on the co-op website www.co-opbookshop.com.au but i dont think they are on yet forall subjects, to check follow the link for text lists

3. BUYING TEXTS AND WHERE?
When you know which texts you can get them from the Co-op bookshop, check out the membership - costs about $24 but u get an 8% discount on any books for lifetime which will pay off. Also try the second hand bookshop on the top level of the Wentworth bldg but make sure you check which edition you need. Also there will be stacks of second hand ads on noticeboards at Law faculty (city) and near the student centre area - check these for cheaper second hand books

4. READERS AND LINE UPS
Its a pretty sure thing you will need a reader (stack of bound photocopied sheets) for each subject (usual $15-30). As someone has already said it will save a stack of time to order online first then u can get into the express line at the copy centre (near wentworth) as apparently the lines are usually about 50m long. Links to order these online thru the My uni website, need a credit card tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)